The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

All around Pyro help

AKDarkHavic

So ive seen a lot of threads that ive been going through trying to find as much information as i can about pyrotech, im Level 33 right now and ive been Advanced Prototype since 10. I do love the spec but feel the damage is lacking and see that all over the threads but dont really have any idea where to start on the pyro scene.:confused:

So my hope for this thread is to have everyone that knows anything about pyrotech to help me and others out. I know i cant be the only one that could use this.

So please post specs, reasons why, rotation/priority's, main stats to look for, tips to manage heat, tricks in general, etc, etc... I know i would greatly appreciate it so i can be a walking power house of flaming weapons of doom in PvE and PvP because i really want to watch jedi run away while on fire only to be grappled back and turn into a pile of crispiness. :D

Thanks, Dacend

The Pyro build I use is intended for maximum pve damage and sustainability, while still being very viable in pvp. I have a level 50 and have been doing a lot of warzones while waiting to be able to run hardmodes. I am valor 25 and I usually find myself in the top 3 dps in warzones with only 34 expertise.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhrbzGhMM.1

this allows for very manageable heat, while also dishing out a lot of damage. The rotation is also simpler but dynamic due to being proc based mechanics.

Basically keep Incendiary missile's dot on your target, railshot whenever off cooldown, Rocket punch on cooldown, and use a combination of flame burst and rapid shots to keep heat approximately under 25. If you get unlucky with Rail shot procs or during a burn phase, try and stay under 65 heat at the most and then vent heat to get back to a safer heat zone. Also know that if you need a dot fast for Railshot, Flameburst is more heat efficient than incendiary missile over a short amount of time and automatically applies CGC

Primary stats are Crit, Surge and accuracy to a cap (100 for now). If you intend to pve primarily, at some point your crit chance will increase to a percentage where having the last point in burnout will be more of an overall damage increase than the point in prototype cylinders. This is especially more useful for operation bosses that have huge health pools.

*Fun Fact* the way dots in this game if you use a railshot with both dots up the target will take the RS damage and the damage from both dots at the same time. This means if your RS crits for 3000, and CGC crits for 900, and IM dot crits for 1200, you just did 5100 damage and it was most likely free and it vented you 8 heat XD.