The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So I've just hit 50, A few questions.

kiritateru

Hi so just got to 50 as shield tech and I'm a bit confused where to go from here,

Is it worth questing on Illum?

What stats do I need to start Tanking Hard Modes

Where the best place to start for PVE gear?

For pvp, is it basically keep saving up for champion gear bags?

Is it worth trying to get a tanking gear set from PVP?

If anyone can help answer some of these that'd be great

Edited by kiritateru

Hi so just got to 50 as shield tech and I'm a bit confused where to go from here,

Is it worth questing on Illum?

Starting the questline on Ilum will unlock a few dailies, and going deeper unlocks another one. The dailies all offer daily commendations that you can use to buy level 50 purple barrels and armorings (126 rating +40something end/aim iirc) at 8 commendations each. They aren't as good as the top stuff, but its a good easy stepping stone.

The [Heroic 2] daily on Ilum also gives you a choice of level 49 purple Enhancement on completion.

Also, Belsavis daily quests give more daily commendations (you may need to complete the bonus series to unlock all of the dailies, there are a fair few), and the [Heroic 2] daily quest on Belsavis offers your choice of level 49 purple Mods.

What stats do I need to start Tanking Hard Modes

I was able to tank Hard Black Talon in ragtag gear semi-fresh 50. At the time I had just 45-50 blue gear/item sockets from questing and doing various bonus series lines. Boarding Party final boss can be a pain for a lot of groups, but Foundry isn't bad.

Where the best place to start for PVE gear?

For pvp, is it basically keep saving up for champion gear bags?

Is it worth trying to get a tanking gear set from PVP?

If anyone can help answer some of these that'd be great

The above listed dailies are a great stepping stone for gear. Champion bags you can also get from doing the PVP daily/weekly quests (1 for each of the warzone/Ilum daily, and 3 for each of the warzone/Ilum weekly). While not entirely ideal, the Champion gear is more than suitable to do most PVE content.

Edited by Kinvalar