The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fire/Rail/Shield PVP Build

Drezan

I'm closing in on 50 and was looking at the builds around here and thought I should try to make my own for my lazy play style (procs and instant casts).

Not only does the tree for AP not look appealing, but also has been criticized on the forums. I decided to just get the points from the other two trees to buff up Fire and Rail Shout damage to compliment the Pyro tree. I stayed away from Thermal Detonator since it shares a CD with Explosive Dart and thought the points would be more useful somewhere else. I decided to pair up Degauss and Energy Rebounder thinking it would prove quite useful to all the damn slowing effects so you could stay in range with the players. I'm not quite sold on Rapid Venting, maybe switching it with Infrared Sensors or Gyroscopic Alignment Jets.

Just wanting some advice or criticism on the build or even just some thoughts. Thanks in advance.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef11ef6efef12ef3e6fef2e5f2e

No point in Thermal Detonator? Easily one of your best burst damage abilities.

I'm on the fence with Rapid Venting as well. Lately managing my heat is no problem. Only time I ever have to use it is in PvP.

Otherwise it's a solid build. I've got 2/2 in Automated Defenses but that's more a playstyle thing.

Edited by Dirak