Loading Times A Comparison between Rift and SWToR

Dravinian

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a comparison of the loading times for Rift and SWToR.

Computer specs i7 Quad Core 940 @ 2.93ghz, 6gig of Ram on a Win7 64 Bit with Dx11 and a GTX 460, with a 10mb connection.

I blew up my 295, I loved that card :(

Both on the same machine, literally one after another.

Started recording at the moment I hit the splash screen ended the moment I entered the game.

I think the video shows a marked difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oxj-6n69uw

Cliffnotes.

Rift Load time 25 secs

SWTOR Load time: 1m 28 secs

Can this not be improved, drastically, because this isn't just the loading from the patcher, this is on every zone. The load times just seem really long all the time.

2 completely different games = impossible to compare load times.

Conclusion. OP is dumber than a rock and has a slow as mollasses internet connection. :p

• 4 weeks later...
doesnt matter the OS its the bit

32 bit only goes up to like 3.375

64 bit is unlocked.

also rift took me 17 seconds for iron pine peak.

Win7 64bit isn't "unlocked" but its 192GB physical memory limit is pretty unobtainable on a gaming PC.

32 bit has a smaller amount of addresses (memory is assigned addresses) and in the 2-3 GB range are allocated for motherboard resources. If you slap 4 GB into a Windows 32 bit system, it will see the first two GB plus whatever is left after the addresses from 2-3 GB are used up by system resources such as video, sound, etc... It's the shortage of addresses that causes this.

Windows 64 bit (and 64 bit processor) has more addresses AND the reserved addresses are not a limiting factor (for most).

Either way, 64 bit Windows can see up to 9 TB.

We're talking about gaming PC's not super computers running 4GT (which is actually 8TB max). The limit is 192GB RAM.

Edited by Eldopa