Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sniper is the worst ranged DPS?

Kyris_Xiandrii

You forgot to mention as a positive for Snipers

*Can be charged immune (while in cover)

*While in cover ranged attacks (don't think force powers count though) can miss you since you can be in cover

*You can miss use Ballistic Dampers, which reduces inc dmg by 30%, which you can reply, only downside is it can only trigger every 1.5 sec

*Can be immune to knock backs if Entrenched is up

Snipers are basically the Huntards of WoW, so many people are bad at the class while so few actually use the potential of the class.

I didn't mention those because its a none factor in pvp.... Only time cover has been useful for me is against another sniper...and bad one's at that.... Every other class has attacks/spells that ignore cover and hit hard.... basically you can't auto attack us with ranged weapons well if we are in cover.

Entrench has its uses if you pop every cooldown again only really useful vs other imperial agents warriors/BH can still tear you a new without CC's. And if the decide to walk away LOL your left feeling like a fool with a massive cooldown.

Ballistic Dampers is nice but its only absorbs 30% of the damage meaning I'm still taking damage meaning its everyone 1.5 sec my damaged is reduced for a attack by 30% and if i want to get this buff again i have to wait 6 sec's and go into cover.....

again for all that trouble is should be stronger....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the range defense in Cover only applies to ranged *weapon* attacks..

meaning it's great against... other snipers.

Its useless against anything that is classed as Tech, et al.

And the immunity to charge, afaik, is only natural cover. Ive been c harged when forced to use only portable cover.

Good thread, good discussion with explanations.

I reached lvl 50 Sniper a few days ago. I concur that the problem lays in the fact that we are really a primary DPS class where no love was given to us in that area and everything else is taken away.

We don't have healing, stealth, and have to be in cover to get our abilities (that aren't any more damage than the other DPS classes). So really what is the benefit of being a Sniper?? Range? Cover? How do these play out in end game content and PvP?

Range, big deal, doesn't help in PVE high end raids right so far that I have found. Only slightly better in PvP if you can stay unnoticed. The end game is basically about DPS burning a mob before they enrage which we aren't the best at.

Entrench has its uses if you pop every cooldown again only really useful vs other imperial agents warriors/BH can still tear you a new without CC's. And if the decide to walk away LOL your left feeling like a fool with a massive cooldown.

Let's do this backwards.

Feeling like a tool with a massive cooldown? You think 60 seconds is massive? Try 3 mins that other classes deal with.

He decides to walk away? Well, it's not like you have any roots with 35m range, or blind with 30m range...

Warriors/BH tearing you a new one? How exactly. You are entrenched in cover. You cannot be interrupted, you cannot be CCd for 20 seconds. Meanwhile all of your CC works on them as per usual. For 20 seconds out of every 60, or 1/3rd of the time. It's mind-bogglingly huge.

Agents? Yeah, OK. But everyone knows something is going to happen with that. Heck, possibly the buff stacking nerf in 1.1 will fix it.

That is not entirely true. I have shot a 50 Merc in nice gear down in 4 shots (5 counting, I forget the name, armor breaker one). And I hit him for 4-4.8k (Yet to get a 5k on him) alot. See him in Huttball many times a night,

And I have also gotten faily consistent 3.3-4k on a 5 Commando I play against regularly.

Under 50's are fun tho, 5k Medals all day long. Wooo. And 1 shotting lowbies with a Exposlive probe just adds to the effect.

And that is why level 50s are being seperated into their own bracket.

Let's do this backwards.

Feeling like a tool with a massive cooldown? You think 60 seconds is massive? Try 3 mins that other classes deal with.

He decides to walk away? Well, it's not like you have any roots with 35m range, or blind with 30m range...

Warriors/BH tearing you a new one? How exactly. You are entrenched in cover. You cannot be interrupted, you cannot be CCd for 20 seconds. Meanwhile all of your CC works on them as per usual. For 20 seconds out of every 60, or 1/3rd of the time. It's mind-bogglingly huge.

Agents? Yeah, OK. But everyone knows something is going to happen with that. Heck, possibly the buff stacking nerf in 1.1 will fix it.

Id love to see that list of 3 minute cooldowns you're whining about.

Entrench is good, no one is saying it isnt. Here's the thing, though... you're not going to kill the guy while y ou're entrenched. yeah, you cant be CCed or interrupted.. but so what? Against any tanky class, you hit like a noodle. We're one of only 3 ACs (6 if we count mirrors as separate) out of 8 that have the majority of our damage mitigated by EVERY DEFENSE IN THE GAME. And of those 3 ACs, the other 2, if spec'ed for DPS, DONT have that problem, only their tank-specs do.

So we're essentially the only AC that gets our damage mitigated down to joke levels. You can spec Lethality to avoid this (im Lethality right now and just had a 400k voidstar with 44 kills - against scrubs) but then you become immensely energy limited and if your target DOESN'T die immediately, you sit there popping off rifle shot.

Oh, and you're way more squishy as lethality too, so its hardly a great tradeoff.

Our CCs are also the worst in the game, IMO. Not because they dont CC people reliably, but because they BOTH give 3/4 of a resolve bar. If you're forced to use even ONE of your CCs on a target, you will never be able to Cover Pulse to get them off or Ambush's knockback.

Other classes with similar or identical CCs... 1/4 of a resolve bar.

I'm sorry to say this but after 15 out of 17 games as a level 13-14 sniper, I rack up kills and medals in the 1st-5th spot everytime. All games have many lvl 50's on both sides. I even killed one guy, ****** BH player 1vs1, his health was about 25% lower than mine but come on, hes level 50. Anyway he wasnt very good.

The way I see it coming from a lvl 50 Jug, which is boring as **** to play because all you are in a punching bag that takes the entire team to kill you... Anyway sidetracking.

I get a lot of end kills, so what, i topped 1-5th in medals and kills. Isnt that what we do. If it gets worse at 40 - 50, it doesnt make sense if Im doing so well at 13-14?

Edited by Heaviermetal

I'm sorry to say this but after 15 out of 17 games as a level 13-14 sniper, I rack up kills and medals in the 1st-5th spot everytime. All games have many lvl 50's on both sides. I even killed one guy, ****** BH player 1vs1, his health was about 25% lower than mine but come on, hes level 50. Anyway he wasnt very good.

The way I see it coming from a lvl 50 Jug, which is boring as **** to play because all you are in a punching bag that takes the entire team to kill you... Anyway sidetracking.

I get a lot of end kills, so what, i topped 1-5th in medals and kills. Isnt that what we do. If it gets worse at 40 - 50, it doesnt make sense if Im doing so well at 13-14?

If you understood the bolstering system, you would understand that it is massively overbuffing the few abilities you do have to compensate for the abilities you dont have.

I crit a guy for 8k at level 20, with Ambush. He was a 50.

Now that im 50, i cant get Ambush to crit (with the WZ expertise buff + consumable) for more than 5, and that only on light armor targets.

If you understood the bolstering system, you would understand that it is massively overbuffing the few abilities you do have to compensate for the abilities you dont have.

Now that im 50, i cant get Ambush to crit (with the WZ expertise buff + consumable) for more than 5, and that only on light armor targets.

actually a half champ geared 50 has easily 200 more cunning than any scaled lowbie. and full geared champ 50's make the rest of the playing field feel pointless.

5k crits give you 2 medals at once, and almost no class in the game can currently consistently achieve them.

I would love to see your 8k crit screen shot thanks.

Edited by hollowicious

FINALLY. Someone else has realized it :). Specific abilities are at their optimal damage at level 24 due to many factors (level 24 2 hour stim) and are not surpassed in non crit damage till 50 with 1.2-1.3 gear.

This is not unique to snipers, but shared across many classes and specs. On a daily basis I ask specific 50's I see in warzones who have specific sets 1.2+ what damage they have and expertise...etc and in most cases their advantages are much higher ehp and higher crit/surge for the abilities that are shared between the 24 and 50. They might also have other abilities such as demo round for commandos. However the non crit damage is much lower.

My point of view of my Lv50 Sniper in PvP :

My casting times "wich means i am a sitting target" are very long.

My Defence is somewhere in the middle of "Runaway or keep you away for 3sec" wich in casting time might be 1 hit . . . . . thats not enough.

My DMG in overall even with expertise is fair, but for specific ability's it's just not enough.

Given the fact that certain classes can jump at me from miles away "almost as far as i can fire from cover" makes my job of "Relocating" or "Keeping distance to Target" impossible.

Oh and yes, i am a Sniper ;) Most Ranged classes can fire just as far as i can, why?

Please make the Sniper the of SWTOR a Sniper, so we can enjoy this class as it should be !!

PS: All none Sniper people who post here that all is ok , and you should learn your class and so on . . . please skip it.

My point of view of my Lv50 Sniper in PvP :

My casting times "wich means i am a sitting target" are very long.

My Defence is somewhere in the middle of "Runaway or keep you away for 3sec" wich in casting time might be 1 hit . . . . . thats not enough.

My DMG in overall even with expertise is fair, but for specific ability's it's just not enough.

Given the fact that certain classes can jump at me from miles away "almost as far as i can fire from cover" makes my job of "Relocating" or "Keeping distance to Target" impossible.

Oh and yes, i am a Sniper ;) Most Ranged classes can fire just as far as i can, why?

Please make the Sniper the of SWTOR a Sniper, so we can enjoy this class as it should be !!

PS: All none Sniper people who post here that all is ok , and you should learn your class and so on . . . please skip it.

im a sniper, and you should learn your class.

anyone that jumps on you means nothing unless they have full resolve bar.

you have:

3 second stun

5 second snare

8 second disable

1 knockback + snare (2 if you are MM)

and 3 seconds of evasion

how many more seconds do you want to kite a melee? i bet in the other forums melee ****** REALLY hard about good snipers all the time.

So...

Im level 50, full PvP gear. I even remodded all my gear so I sit at...

16.5k HP.

39.5% crit

83% Surge

99% Acc on ranged (Tech never misses)

Over 10% attack bonus/mitigation in PvP

I can take a good beating, I do fantastic burst against people in poor armor. I have absolutely ZERO chance to win against an equally geared bounty hunter. He can spam tracer missile, I can interrupt it, he can then spend 4 seconds doing NOTHING or use a diff skill, regardless, I will still lose every time.

It takes a Merc 4.5 sec to reduce my mitigation by half, I can only reduce the Mercs by 20%. tracer missile Crits harder than my snipe, even with the stats above! A Heatseeker + Railshot combo can eaisly do 9k damage to me.

Yes, snipers can snipe then followthrough, but the FT triggers a GCD. In the same time a Merc can cast 2 tracers, hitting for the same, as well as setting up his combo which nearly always kills me if it double crits.

Against tanks I feel useless. My damage is just flat out bad, they can mitigate me easily. And ALL I can bring tot he table is my damage, which is mitigated more than ANY other range class, who can also heal.

My 50 sorcerer at 50 in full greens with less hp than a level 12 was more useful than my sniper.. now ofc the sniper still does great damage, but yeah, lets see how this changes once I only play vs level 50s. Snipers just fall further and further behoind because ALL we do is bring damage to the table, and when we are not the best at it, why be that class? The tracer missile debuff should be on snipe, and we should do only kinetic damage.

Oh, and lets look at the columni set bonuses! Mercs 2 piece = 15% crit chance on Tracers. Operative 2 piece = 15% crit chance on backstab. Sniper 2 piece? Useless! extra 10 energy back when we use a 2min cooldown.. ***!

Im really not trying to QQ here, but there are problems with the class. its just a facvt that mercs outclass snipers, the main diff between the classes is mercs have heals, heavy armor, and backloaded burst damage. Snipers have front loaded burst.

please do not consider the extra 5m range snipers have as a huge benefit... many MANY of our skills (explosive probe for example) are still only 30m range.

Sorry, im kinda just listing my gripes here =) But fact is, snipers need help. They really do. Sure, we do ok and oi really do enjoy the class, BUT, other classes do what we do better, with more utility, so i dont really see the point of snipers compared to Mercs or Sorcs.

Edited by Kink

So...

Im level 50, full PvP gear. I even remodded all my gear so I sit at...

16.5k HP.

39.5% crit

83% Surge

99% Acc on ranged (Tech never misses)

Over 10% attack bonus/mitigation in PvP

I can take a good beating, I do fantastic burst against people in poor armor. I have absolutely ZERO chance to win against an equally geared bounty hunter. He can spam tracer missile, I can interrupt it, he can then spend 4 seconds doing NOTHING or use a diff skill, regardless, I will still lose every time.

It takes a Merc 4.5 sec to reduce my mitigation by half, I can only reduce the Mercs by 20%. tracer missile Crits harder than my snipe, even with the stats above! A Heatseeker + Railshot combo can eaisly do 9k damage to me.

Yes, snipers can snipe then followthrough, but the FT triggers a GCD. In the same time a Merc can cast 2 tracers, hitting for the same, as well as setting up his combo which nearly always kills me if it double crits.

Against tanks I feel useless. My damage is just flat out bad, they can mitigate me easily. And ALL I can bring tot he table is my damage, which is mitigated more than ANY other range class, who can also heal.

My 50 sorcerer at 50 in full greens with less hp than a level 12 was more useful than my sniper.. now ofc the sniper still does great damage, but yeah, lets see how this changes once I only play vs level 50s. Snipers just fall further and further behoind because ALL we do is bring damage to the table, and when we are not the best at it, why be that class? The tracer missile debuff should be on snipe, and we should do only kinetic damage.

Oh, and lets look at the columni set bonuses! Mercs 2 piece = 15% crit chance on Tracers. Operative 2 piece = 15% crit chance on backstab. Sniper 2 piece? Useless! extra 10 energy back when we use a 2min cooldown.. ***!

Im really not trying to QQ here, but there are problems with the class. its just a facvt that mercs outclass snipers, the main diff between the classes is mercs have heals, heavy armor, and backloaded burst damage. Snipers have front loaded burst.

please do not consider the extra 5m range snipers have as a huge benefit... many MANY of our skills (explosive probe for example) are still only 30m range.

Sorry, im kinda just listing my gripes here =) But fact is, snipers need help. They really do. Sure, we do ok and oi really do enjoy the class, BUT, other classes do what we do better, with more utility, so i dont really see the point of snipers compared to Mercs or Sorcs.

This!

This is what I'm saying, I'm only missing two pieces of pvp gear now and it just doesn't get any better. The class is ok, but the fact that we can pretty much lose for free against

Juggs

Mercs

OP's

Sorc's are a 50/50 and marauders are usually pretty free... Is sad.

I'm not saying we need a massive buff, but there needs to be a reason to want a sniper on a pvp team (MM/engineer) outside of damage a a extra 5m range on like 3-4 moves.

Edited by realdarkphoenix

im a sniper, and you should learn your class.

anyone that jumps on you means nothing unless they have full resolve bar.

you have:

3 second stun

5 second snare

8 second disable

1 knockback + snare (2 if you are MM)

and 3 seconds of evasion

how many more seconds do you want to kite a melee? i bet in the other forums melee ****** REALLY hard about good snipers all the time.

If you use either the stun or the disable, you then only get to use one other thing on that list other than the evasion - both add 3/4 of a resolve bar in one go. If you stun + knockaway, once, you've filled up their bar.

Have you or anyone else complaining about this thought that perhaps you've been taunted, or are attacking a guarded target, or you're attacking a tank popping cooldowns? If Ambush is critting for 700, I guarantee it's not doing that the whole warzone, just against a few targets. At level 10 my Ambush was critting for over 2K so don't post this and act like it's a regular occurrence.

As soon as I see the Ambush target on my character I get behind LOS or run from the last sniper I saw. It'd be so simple to pop a bunch of cooldowns once you see that because you know some burst is coming your way.

I'm not positive on this but I'm pretty sure accuracy helps with the deflecting.

I highly recommend anyone complaining so hard about this class to re-roll. Because that way you'll either 1.) find a class you do like or 2.) see that Snipers are better than you think.

Yes peeps forget about taunting. As a PT BH i constant use my neural darts and no1 ever knows what happend. If they dont attack me and attack some 1else they dont do alot of damage. Also using dots with my blade is very nice. After that they complain that they cant capature a turret.

Id love to see that list of 3 minute cooldowns you're whining about.

My Juggernaut has 3 of those already.

Saber Ward, defensive skill for all warriors, 3 min CD

Endure Pain, Jugg-specific defensive skill, 3 min CD

Invincible, Jugg-tank-spec-specific defensive skill, 3 min CD

That's just on one class. And you're whining about a 60 sec CD? Jeez. Try those "tanky" classes you dislike so much and see what life is like when 90% of your tankiness comes from 3 min CDs that last a max of 12 seconds. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of the whining about mitigation, if that didn't exist you'd wipe the floor with any class.

And resolve? Same for everyone. Some classes have it worse. Operative's famous 3 second knockdown? THREE seconds. Gives full white resolve bar. Bam, one hit, immune to CC. Meanwhile a 4 sec stun from another class only gives 800/1000 resolve. Go figure.

Yes peeps forget about taunting. As a PT BH i constant use my neural darts and no1 ever knows what happend. If they dont attack me and attack some 1else they dont do alot of damage. Also using dots with my blade is very nice. After that they complain that they cant capature a turret.

I kinda wish duration/CD were longer/shorter. That 6 second taunt on 30 sec CD? Make it 12 seconds duration, or cut the CD. But hey, at least it's off GCD, something to be thankful for.

Juggs

Mercs

OP's

A good Jugg gives me too choices. I can either cover pulse him off the railings in huttball and laugh as he can't charge me in cover, or I can DoT him up and kite him until his next charge then pop cooldowns and try to Cull him in the face. Generally I win, although I admit I usually drag them into my allies. A lot of the bad ones will just run in circle on the ground trying to charge you in cover, which is amusing. Tank Juggs just die to the DoT's, but the AoE 6k Crit ones are pretty close matches.

Mercs are something I just DoT up and LoS. When they switch targets I pop out and Cull them. If they are unable to get a Tracer Missile on me before I have them DoT'd up, they are completely doomed. The ultimate goal is to focus them first. That way I have the ability to interrupt that Tracer Missile and can usually take them down before they realize what is happening. Against the good ones I always pop Entrench because they realize whoever gets the head start is the one that wins.

Operatives need to pop all their offensive cooldowns in order to have a chance. In most cases I just knock them off the railings in huttball, dot them up, and ignore them after that. I always remove their CC and cover pulse immediately. If they cleanse the DoTs, vanish, and are still on the same level as you then it's get the heck out of there until his powerups wear off. If you can find them out of stealth and without powerups, it's like shooting a unarmed citizen stuck in a swamp. Extremely easy to kite in most cases as well.

What I honestly have a problem with is two ranged DPS opponents that decide I'm the only thing they ever need to kill. I've never, not once had a problem against a single opponent of the other class unless I've ignored them.

Edited by Ayestes

My Juggernaut has 3 of those already.

Saber Ward, defensive skill for all warriors, 3 min CD

Endure Pain, Jugg-specific defensive skill, 3 min CD

Invincible, Jugg-tank-spec-specific defensive skill, 3 min CD

That's just on one class. And you're whining about a 60 sec CD? Jeez. Try those "tanky" classes you dislike so much and see what life is like when 90% of your tankiness comes from 3 min CDs that last a max of 12 seconds. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of the whining about mitigation, if that didn't exist you'd wipe the floor with any class.

And resolve? Same for everyone. Some classes have it worse. Operative's famous 3 second knockdown? THREE seconds. Gives full white resolve bar. Bam, one hit, immune to CC. Meanwhile a 4 sec stun from another class only gives 800/1000 resolve. Go figure.

Nope, i didnt whine about my CDs at all. Nice try though.

And my 4 second stun doesn't also do 5-7k damage.

Again, nice try.

So after trying to get the daily on my sniper today, I can honestly say, snipers are broken.

Please PLEASE if you think the class is fine, answer this, given equal gear, why bring a sniper over a merc on any raid or in a pvp group?

Mercs are more damage, in heavy armor, can heal, ranged stun. Snipers need some loving. Maybe it has rto do witht he fact that we get no new spammable skill like other classes do? Mercs get talented skill tracer missile. Operatives get backstab. We use the same spam skill from lvl 1, snipe.

While the class is fun, it is not in the same league as Mercs and DPS sorcs. It really isnt. My 23 merc equals my damage no problem in warzones, and doing the damage is so EASY! My 50 sorc in green gear with 11k hp was more useful for my PvP team than my sniper in full champ epics. Snipers need a rework. We are the only class to be affected by shield generators too. While my Merc can DPS a tank, as a sniper, there is zero pont to even try. DPS tank class? Good luck! Im doing 47% mitigated damage while taking 3k crits.

Snipers are broken, sorry.

Mercs are more damage, in heavy armor, can heal, ranged stun. Snipers need some loving. Maybe it has rto do witht he fact that we get no new spammable skill like other classes do? Mercs get talented skill tracer missile. Operatives get backstab. We use the same spam skill from lvl 1, snipe.

Mercs do not do more damage. Mercs may do more AoE damage then a Marksman Sniper, but it's debatable if the Sniper is Lethality or Engineering. Their heavy armor is worthless compared to the advantages of cover. Their healing is terrible if they aren't healing spec'd. They may have a ranged stun, but we have more crowd control abilities then they do beyond that.

We don't need a spammable skill because we work off our cooldowns for. Whether it's through Ambush, Followthrough, Series of Shots, Interrogation Probe, Explosive Probe, Corrosive Grenade, Cull, Weakening Blast, or many other abilities that do our damage on cooldowns... we do plenty of damage. We are certainly more complicated then a Merc, oh and we can't be interrupted unless we are crowd controlled which oddly enough we can become immune to.

If you think a Merc is better, then go play a Merc. In my opinion, we are far more reliable in terms of DPS then a Merc is for PvP. Just being uninterruptable compared to the Merc is good enough reason for me to play this class over a Merc. We also just do more damage, and that's not just experience that mathematics in Tier 2 or 3 gear.

I really don't understand what people's issues are with getting the Daily's done as a Sniper. Probably 80% of my games involve me sitting on the rafters in Huttball killing everything so that my team has no problem running the ball even when they are completely moronic. Orbital Strikes in the center of a Huttball match at the start is just amusing.

Edited by Ayestes

Im with you Ayestes. I cannot understand why people are having issues with the daily or any pvp to be honest. It seems 99% of snipers do not actually know how to play their class. In ANY of the warzones it is super easy to rack up 300-400k+ every time if you know what you are doing. Target flag carrier/their support and its gg unless its a premade. The ONLY time I struggle in warzones is when I get other Imperials who know what damage I do and raid mark me in huttball to the point where I get swarmed constantly.

Mercs do not do more damage. Mercs may do more AoE damage then a Marksman Sniper, but it's debatable if the Sniper is Lethality or Engineering. Their heavy armor is worthless compared to the advantages of cover. Their healing is terrible if they aren't healing spec'd. They may have a ranged stun, but we have more crowd control abilities then they do beyond that.

We don't need a spammable skill because we work off our cooldowns for. Whether it's through Ambush, Followthrough, Series of Shots, Interrogation Probe, Explosive Probe, Corrosive Grenade, Cull, Weakening Blast, or many other abilities that do our damage on cooldowns... we do plenty of damage. We are certainly more complicated then a Merc, oh and we can't be interrupted unless we are crowd controlled which oddly enough we can become immune to.

If you think a Merc is better, then go play a Merc. In my opinion, we are far more reliable in terms of DPS then a Merc is for PvP. Just being uninterruptable compared to the Merc is good enough reason for me to play this class over a Merc. We also just do more damage, and that's not just experience that mathematics in Tier 2 or 3 gear.

I really don't understand what people's issues are with getting the Daily's done as a Sniper. Probably 80% of my games involve me sitting on the rafters in Huttball killing everything so that my team has no problem running the ball even when they are completely moronic. Orbital Strikes in the center of a Huttball match at the start is just amusing.

Cover provides no real bonuses except against other snipers. If you had any idea how m itigation works in this game, you'd realize that. If you aren't lethality, you aren't doing "plenty of damage" to heavy-armor targets. That's just, as you put it, math.

Try to at least pretend you're actually playing a sniper.

Im with you Ayestes. I cannot understand why people are having issues with the daily or any pvp to be honest. It seems 99% of snipers do not actually know how to play their class. In ANY of the warzones it is super easy to rack up 300-400k+ every time if you know what you are doing. Target flag carrier/their support and its gg unless its a premade. The ONLY time I struggle in warzones is when I get other Imperials who know what damage I do and raid mark me in huttball to the point where I get swarmed constantly.

You cant raid mark players.

Just an FYI.

And i can do 500k as Lethality. It's pretty easy if you just spam AoE's everywhere. Doesn't mean any of it was effective damage. Goody goody.

Cover provides no real bonuses except against other snipers. If you had any idea how m itigation works in this game, you'd realize that. If you aren't lethality, you aren't doing "plenty of damage" to heavy-armor targets. That's just, as you put it, math.

Try to at least pretend you're actually playing a sniper.

cover passively provides protection against force leap, grip abilities and channeling interruption from damage. However otherwise its pretty useless unless considering the defensive cds, knockbacks that require cover. However Im sure all snipers would prefer to use those defensive cds out of cover even if it meant going into cover second later.

The only thing my gunslinger has over my commando is that I rarely get forced leap to (only if im moving) and have better cc defense. However my commando even as gunnery (single target spec) does more single target damage after mitigation is included than my gunslinger.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.