The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Start as VG

Mamm

So, some newbee question, i'm only 11 lvl now

1. What spec best for leveling? (I guess tank spec, for heroics and low lvl fleshpoints)

2. What best companion? (I really like how look that big droid, i hope his good for leveling in tank spec)

3. What crew skills take? Maybe cybertech? With it i can gearing this big droid. Or biochem? But biochem being nerfed on 1.1(

So, some newbee question, i'm only 11 lvl now

1. What spec best for leveling? (I guess tank spec, for heroics and low lvl fleshpoints)

2. What best companion? (I really like how look that big droid, i hope his good for leveling in tank spec)

3. What crew skills take? Maybe cybertech? With it i can gearing this big droid. Or biochem? But biochem being nerfed on 1.1(

Best spec: Personal preference

Best companion: Sadly 4X isn't very good for tanks since he is a tank. I use Jorgan(DPS) or Elara (heals)

3. No idea on crew skills.

Best spec: Personal preference

Best companion: Sadly 4X isn't very good for tanks since he is a tank. I use Jorgan(DPS) or Elara (heals)

3. No idea on crew skills.

What is the best spec for someone considering a DPS Vanguard who is interested in PvP?

Thanks

Edited by Talon_Starfire

I found Shield Spec to be very good for leveling thorugh 40 but then started to slow down so I switched to Assault till 50.

If you are DPS minded and mainly PvE I would go with Assault Spec for leveling with Elara for heals since she can use your hand me downs you can use m1-4x as tank but he is harder to gear since he uses parts.

Shield Spec allows for easy Heroic +2 quests and ofc quick FP groups if you are interested in those while balancing the use of Aric and Elara although I tended to just keep Elara out after 25 or so to make gearing them easier.

Tactics is a good spec but shines more in PvP than PvE and uses Gut as a main skill and aside from Elite mobs its not always worth using because regular mobs die so easily.

In the end they will all get the job done usually with Aric or Elara as companions Yuun is also good once you get him but thats near 40 Best of luck with your leveling.

On the subject of skills, Biochem may be your best choice.

The best stims and adrens come from Bio and in the next patch they will be changed so that only people trained in bio can use them.

Some guilds are already excluding tanks not able to use these items. Depends how heavily you hope to go into raiding when you hit 50 really.

On the subject of skills, Biochem may be your best choice.

The best stims and adrens come from Bio and in the next patch they will be changed so that only people trained in bio can use them.

What's your source on this?

I'm looking at the patch notes here and don't see anything regarding that change.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1584114#edit1584114

Biochem

All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.

The Exotech Medpac is now named “Exotech Med Unit.” Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

Cybertech

Wynz-Tek grenades now require 400 Cybertech for use.

Wynz-Tek Grenades have had their damage reduced to bring them more in line with grenades of similar level.

The Wynz-Tek Firestorm grenade’s damage has been reduced to bring it in line with grenades of similar level. It now deals damage every 3 seconds over 12 seconds.