The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Elemental damage Vanguard vs.Powertech

Misar

After leveling up a powertech i am giving the vanguard a try. First thing I noticed is that the vanguard doesn´t have the equivalent in elemental damage, i.e. some of the abilities deal kinetic damage, while the powertech equivalents (death from above,flame thrower) and others like flame sweep..., deal fire/elemental damage.

Considering that some of the basic choices in terms of threat generation for the tank build include the abilities that increase elemental damage and elemental crit damage - i'd say the vanguard has a clear disadvantage with regard to the powertech in this area.

This is absolutely untrue.

Flame Sweep = Explosive Burst = elemental.

Death From Above = Mortar Volley = kinetic.

Rail Shot = High Impact Bolt = weapon damage.

Flamethrower = Pulse Cannon = elemental.

Flame Burst = Ion Pulse = elemental.

Rocket Punch = Stockstrike = kinetic.

Heat Blast = Energy Blast = elemental.

Learn your abilities first, mate :).

After leveling up a powertech i am giving the vanguard a try. First thing I noticed is that the vanguard doesn´t have the equivalent in elemental damage, i.e. some of the abilities deal kinetic damage, while the powertech equivalents (death from above,flame thrower) and others like flame sweep..., deal fire/elemental damage.

Considering that some of the basic choices in terms of threat generation for the tank build include the abilities that increase elemental damage and elemental crit damage - i'd say the vanguard has a clear disadvantage with regard to the powertech in this area.

:rolleyes: