Assault Spec not auto. PvP spec?

SpaceGaunt

I keep reading some threads that ask whether commando troopers should go Gunnery over Assault Spec. and I keep thinking to myself "Am I missing something?" To me, the MAJORITY of Assault Spec skills are specifically designed for PvP. Some reduce your enemies speed, other remove movement impairing effects from your character, etc. I mean, in PvE Heroics, flashpoints, raids (I'm sure), don't need a skill that reduces the NPC's speed, mind you i'm level 43 and have not been to end game content, but it seems pretty obvious. So the point is, besides gunnery doing more damage (I guess) all the Assault Spec skills point to being exceptionally useful in a PvP setting. Unless of course i'm wrong. If so, please point out what i'm not seeing.

From what i gather.. Assault is good for getting dps medals because some have the tendency to NOT finish their kills, just make em burn. :cool: But you have almost all the mobility you want to use.

Gunnery is good for just killing people. And is very shallow in complexity for its damage. And is not very mobile at all.

I didn't like playing either so I throw my dirty heals on people.