Sudden FPS drop?

BadGrahmmer

Alright I'm running an Asus G71gx

Core 2 Duo 8700 2.53

Nvidia GTX 260m 1Gig

With 6Gigs of Ram

I just installed and started playing swtor and it ran great for about 20 mins, then all the sudden I had a frame drop down to 3-6

I lowered all settings and dropped shadows, but no change.

I relogged without any difference.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Vista or Win 7? Being dual core that could cause I/O blocking on the FSB. Also make sure you are running the latest nvidia drivers. One last thing, Always make sure you are running the GPU in high power mode. If the A/C adapter comes out, it will force the Nvidia into low power more (Unless you override it which you may want to do).

Hope that helps. I have the Asus G73J with the ATI 5800 series and the 1.6/2.3Ghz intel i7 and it runs great unless the A/C adapter falls out...lol. Then I know.

Vista or Win 7? Being dual core that could cause I/O blocking on the FSB. Also make sure you are running the latest nvidia drivers. One last thing, Always make sure you are running the GPU in high power mode. If the A/C adapter comes out, it will force the Nvidia into low power more (Unless you override it which you may want to do).

Hope that helps. I have the Asus G73J with the ATI 5800 series and the 1.6/2.3Ghz intel i7 and it runs great unless the A/C adapter falls out...lol. Then I know.

Win 7

Just updated my driver.

How do I change the power mode on my GPU?

I really havent ever had to screw with performance tweaks before.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, wanted to chime in not sure if you solved your issue , but i seem to be having the exact same issue. it happens randomly and the game is unplayible. Only way i can fix it is to restart the computer. I have the same computer as you, my drivers are also up to date, only difference i have is that i have vista on mine.