New computer good enough to run this well?

Archioneus

Okay, at the moment my current rig well... put it this way. Just completely sucks and is quite outdated. At first running at the game at 15-25fps didn't bother me because I just glad the game ran at all. But quickly it began to piss me off. Combat is nearly unbearable. And since I don't have much money, I can't spend much. I'm looking at a computer right now, and I'm wondering if it'll run this game better. I mean like... 40-50FPS on low to medium settings. Im not looking for an amazing rig that'll run it flawlessly on high. Just as I mentioned. 40-50fps on low to medium.

Specs for the new computer are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz

RAM: 3GB

And I'm also looking at buying a 1GB video RAM graphics card along with it. It's a very cheap rig, but im not looking to spend like 600$ here...

Thank you all in advance.

Properly not gonna get 40-50 fps it might though if you play around with the .ini settings.

(Doing the clip distance,2d trees, no grass,)

I have a better rig than that and my fps is pretty good normally, allthough warzones and imperial fleet, is a lagfest, on lowest possible settings ofc with all the .ini tweaks i could find.

My specs are:

3GHZ dual core(core2duo series)

4GB ram

4890 Radeon card with 1gig of ram

Thinking of doing a upgrade myself becuase of not running it better on lowest settings, Might be the game making it slower than my actual system, Because i didnt really notice it in the 2 Beta weekends.

i have a 1090t six core

and HD 6850 1 gig card

and 8 gig ram.

im running it on max with 120 fps when questing.

BUT

if i step into my overcrowded server into Imperial fleet. i go down to 10 to 20 fps.

lets not even talk about the pvp.

it seems that the pvping is not even possible during the daytime. lag and serverresponse is just awful.

if i were you and if you are running on a 32 bit windows then dont go above 4 gigs.

screencard helps alot. just make sure you cool that bastard down to be honest.

same with the cpu itself. the cooler you can keep it the better for performance. the hotter it is the slower it gets.

you would do great graphics wise with a 1 gig card but you have to realise that the FPS will drop in certain areas no matter the rig you got.

many of my friends play with a 3 k duo core. either intel or AMD.

2 of them just had to upgrade the cards upto 1 gig atleast and a newer model to be able to handle the stress.

if anything. you should make Bioware get either more servers or push them to make 6 or more instances where imperial fleet is and for the pvp.

Im not a pvper soo the PvP thing doesn't really bother me. Or the Imperial Fleet thing. It's during Combat and stuff is what's starting to make me get angry. lol. I can't even go through Flashpoints because of lag. I really appreciate the advice though, thank you. I think this rig should run it well at like 40-50FPS while questing and stuff.