Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Reverse Engineering Broken/Bugged in terms of new pattern learning?

MuraliPatel

Topic;

I RE'd close to 200 Might Hilt 11s (Blue Quality), and have yet to learn the epic pattern. I'm curious if something broke in yesterday's patch, or if my RNG is simply absolutely terrible and this is working as intended™ (to borrow a Blizzard catchphrase).

The only other reason I can see for this not working is that Might Hilt 11 (Purple Quality) is not a recipe in the game, and I can't see that realistically being the case.

Cheers, thanks for any replies.

No idea, RE'd a purple lvl 31 light jedi chest (no idea what that translates to in hilt #'s) in about 3 tries last night.

Still haven't gotten any blue RE (much less the correct one) for the level 31 heavy jedi chest.

(and yes, I do one cycle of everything I'm trying to RE in one fell swoop).

But I've had other RE's that took bloody forever. Took like 4 levels to RE a purple for my lvl 23 chest (doing spacemissions between sending folks out to harvest caused the level ups, so it's not like I was leveling particularly fast)

* Look at the color on the quantity of items you can build of that type.

* Yellow or red? Don't RE. Green or gray? RE. Red and yellow have lower crit success rates. Gray is ideal.

To get even higher RE chances boost affection on your companions and use ones that have a + to crit for that craft if available.

* Yellow or red? Don't RE. Green or gray? RE. Red and yellow have lower crit success rates. Gray is ideal.

To get even higher RE chances boost affection on your companions and use ones that have a + to crit for that craft if available.

I don't use companions to RE. Can you?

My crystals are most definitely Grey in difficulty. I seem to be experiencing what appears to be a streak of bad luck shared by quite a few others.

They can crit on the ones they build. Augments supposedly have a higher chance of schematic-granting crits on RE. Or so some dev said on the old forums during beta.

Ah. I didn't know that. Good for the item crafters, not so good on the mod side of things. Yet another annoyance regarding mod crafting.

The recipes have been gray for quite some time... I'm almost 350 artificing, but I'm only lvl 27 on this character.

I RE-ed several things to either blue or purple today without more trouble than before, so I think it's just bad RNG.

They were all low-level and gray, since I'm RE-ing for alts.

I haven't had much luck getting a different purple version on a 49, but I'm used to those taking forever.

It's been hit or miss for me and it may be somewhat tied to the difficulty of the crafted item I'm REing. I was making some level 31 synth chest and legs last night (green item, yellow craft difficulty I think) and RE'd 3 to 4 of each. Finally just equipped one to replace an older craftable blue item. RE'd it and got the purple for that (much lower level) recipes.

I've had strings where it seems like every other RE hits with an upgrade and I've had strings where I've RE'd 20 or 30 or more probably across multiple chars and not gotten one.

RNG can go from "OMG! Awesome!!!" to "***?!?!" frustration in about 2 nanoseconds. :p

But, I don't think it would hurt for BW to run some metrics on RE frequency to see if things are working as intended.

And as an aside, Blizz didn't start that phrase ... I remember Turbine using it with Asheron's Call 2 a year or two before WoW every launched. Probably dates back quite some time I'd imagine :)

RNG can go from "OMG! Awesome!!!" to "***?!?!" frustration in about 2 nanoseconds. :p

I have to disagree. The reverse is certainly true, but it takes me at least a couple hours to get to "***?!?!" frustration.

That being said, for how rare it is, I've noticed REing seems to be very streaky. I tend to make 1 of everything I'm trying to RE, then once they're done, I go through and RE each one. I haven't really been doing all THAT much RE'ing, but several times I've gone back to back with successes on different items (of the same level)

Yes I misread your post. You can't RE non-recipe stuff as far as I know. The gap in mods is intentional.

I've got Epic recipes for Might Hilts 2 through 10, so I'd beg to differ....

EDIT: And I finally got the pattern, after RE'ing for about another hour today.

Edited by MuraliPatel

I also am having horrible luck getting new recipes from RE. So much so that I thought I'd just give up on crafting because it was costing me so much money trying to find new schematics and each failed attempt was making me more and more frustrated. Either something is bugged or the chances to find new ones needs a serious buff. It's pretty frustrating to drop 15k credits on secondary mats alone and come up with nothing for your money, not to mention the time you didn't have your companions available.

I like the idea of RE with a chance to find new recipes, I really do. It's the most engaging crafting system I've seen so far. However if the chance to find new recipes is so slim that it sucks up hours of time and thousands of credits for no reward, there's a problem

Edited by Whatsalightsaver

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.