Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

Curious how many times did you hit Glad in wow or even top 20 on WoL? I mean since you're so pro.

As a matter of fact, I was the highest rated Hunter in the EU Vindication Battlegroup for Season 2 and 3 of arena. Any other questions? ;)

Edited by Amikae

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There simply is no intelligent argument against allowing the respec. There always are MMO players who think an MMO launches in a state of perfection and any change is terribad. The players arguing against a respec would argue in it's favor if the game launched with a respec mechanic.

There are also players whose personal lives are so shallow that they wish to attempt to fill up the emptiness inside them by controlling how other people play a game.

Here is one Captain Smartypants, advanced classes are the ACTUAL classes in this game. You do not get to switch between classes in other mmos why do you get to here.

I'm sick of playing a warrior, I think I'll go be a paladin or a deathknight... Not happening

Edited by TripleBooyah

lol, WoW is dead?

to anyone that wants to play a good , serious grown up game , yes ...it is..

you are welcome to go play with rainbow colored pandas and do the new pokemon battles...

in fact, if you want ill sell you my old account, there must be at least 100 non combat pets , lot of unnatanable ones you will be the master pokemon collector!!!

yeah wow isnt dead if you are twelve, but to me , id rather play minecraft..im with other poster here, wow died with lich king release

You seem to think there is a big difference between the classes within an archetype. There is not.

thats where your wrong, there are huge differences between them. can a sorcerer tank and use stealth? can an assassin heal or fill a ranged dps slot? no, because there is a BIG difference between them. Ranged DPS/Healer =/= Melee DPS/Tank. your idea of a big difference must be freaking huge if you cant see that.

Pretty much this. Too many people want this game to be a chore and anything that removes tedium or adds fun choices is viewed as a negative. There are honestly people who don't even think the AH needs to be fixed so whatever.

no we dont want it to be a chore, it isnt a chore already, only selt entitlement junkies that want a different class NOW want a button that changes it for them without releveling...

loook, its this simple, if you didnt like your class , why did you level fifty levels on it?

if you havent leveld fifty levels on it, you can reroll and get to 20 in ONE FRIGGIN DAY (i can do it so can you)

dont screw up the rest of the game for us just because you guys want a different kind of jedi or whatever instead of rerolling

As a matter of fact, I was the highest rated Hunter in the EU Vindication Battlegroup for Season 2 and 3 of arena. Any other questions? ;)

Yup what was your name and server. Quick look someone up. :cool: I'd say whisper me ingame but oh yeah you don't play anymore and back then they didn't keep records. Wow convenient.

You just said Wow's pvp is a joke compared to this game... lol

Here is one Captain Smartypants, advanced classes are the ACTUAL classes in this game. You do not get to switch between classes in other mmos why do you get to here.

I'm sick of playing a warrior, I think I'll go be a paladin or a deathknight... Not happening

Use of WoW analogies are fail. I can change classes in EQ2 and have been able to do so since the game launched. SWG allowed class changes, even after the NGE. So, there you go, Private Poopypants.

Use of WoW analogies are fail. I can change classes in EQ2 and have been able to do so since the game launched. SWG allowed class changes, even after the NGE. So, there you go, Private Poopypants.

SWG required you to start from scratch and regrind xp, if they add an AC respec that put you back to level 10 id allow it. no real point to it anymore though now is there?

to anyone that wants to play a good , serious grown up game , yes ...it is..

you are welcome to go play with rainbow colored pandas and do the new pokemon battles...

in fact, if you want ill sell you my old account, there must be at least 100 non combat pets , lot of unnatanable ones you will be the master pokemon collector!!!

yeah wow isnt dead if you are twelve, but to me , id rather play minecraft..im with other poster here, wow died with lich king release

Here's the thing. He said wow is dead. It isn't. You and him may not like it but that doesn't mean its dead.

go play those games then if its THAT gamebreaking to you

we dont need it, i have no troulbe rerolling 20 levels , if you took it to fifty its your own dam fault you can see if you are gonna like a class or not by level 20 , if anyone decided to continue its his own fault, and rerolling 20 levels aint that hard, so again, its their own fault for not doing it

ive said enough about this subject, if bioware ever decides to let the little kids change their class ill go back to spending my cash on console gaming then

thats where your wrong, there are huge differences between them. can a sorcerer tank and use stealth? can an assassin heal or fill a ranged dps slot? no, because there is a BIG difference between them. Ranged DPS/Healer =/= Melee DPS/Tank. your idea of a big difference must be freaking huge if you cant see that.

Go count the number of skills that are different between the sorcerer and the assassin. Then tell me how long you think it would take you to read the descriptions for those skills and figure out how to play with them.

If it would take you only a few minutes, then you are a competent player. If it would take you longer than that, then why would anyone want to group with you anyway?

Yup what was your name and server. Quick look someone up. :cool: I'd say whisper me ingame but oh yeah you don't play anymore and back then they didn't keep records. Wow convenient.

You just said Wow's pvp is a joke compared to this game... lol

My last comment on WoW in this topic. WoW has the best pvp atm out of all MMO's. I should have added, that it's worthwhile playing if you're doing PvP. I respect that. I myself have nothing more to achieve anymore as a PvP player and that leaves me with no other reasons to play.

Now back to the topic.

no we dont want it to be a chore, it isnt a chore already, only selt entitlement junkies that want a different class NOW want a button that changes it for them without releveling...

loook, its this simple, if you didnt like your class , why did you level fifty levels on it?

if you havent leveld fifty levels on it, you can reroll and get to 20 in ONE FRIGGIN DAY (i can do it so can you)

dont screw up the rest of the game for us just because you guys want a different kind of jedi or whatever instead of rerolling

How on earth does anything anyone else does screw up the game for you?

SWG required you to start from scratch and regrind xp, if they add an AC respec that put you back to level 10 id allow it. no real point to it anymore though now is there?

You don't know what you're talking about, and you've made that abundantly obvious.

Here's the thing. He said wow is dead. It isn't. You and him may not like it but that doesn't mean its dead.

guess we know what your age then if you still like that game...

hey to each its own, as i said, to any one that wants to play a SERIOUS , GROWN UP game , it IS dead

its incredibly ironic that you posted that rebuttal kid , and funny at the same time

I would hate to rerole and spend all of that time getting back to the point I was at.

This line stood out for me for some reason. Don't we play these games to waste time? I mean I like that I play these games online, but we do actually play these games to waste time. Just like going to the movies or a sporting event.

Entertainment the big time waster. :D

Go count the number of skills that are different between the sorcerer and the assassin. Then tell me how long you think it would take you to read the descriptions for those skills and figure out how to play with them.

If it would take you only a few minutes, then you are a competent player. If it would take you longer than that, then why would anyone want to group with you anyway?

total? about 40 different skills with about half as many shared used in completely different ways. it would only take me a few minutes to be competent but as bioware themselves have stated "some players are well... idiots" this whole AC respec thing is more cattering to those "idiots" then anyone else. i knew what class i wanted to play, how it played and that was that. its the people who dont have a clue and probably will never get one that need to have their hands held by adding such a rediculous mechanic.

How on earth does anything anyone else does screw up the game for you?

if they dumb it down by making your class choice incosequential and unimportant since you can change it, yes that actually ruins the game for me

maybe it doesnt for YOU since you want it to happen, but it does for me, and i will take that part of my monthly income and spend it elswhere

you are welcome to your opinion as i am to mine

guess we know what your age then if you still like that game...

hey to each its own, as i said, to any one that wants to play a SERIOUS , GROWN UP game , it IS dead

its incredibly ironic that you posted that rebuttal kid , and funny at the same time

Ad hominem attacks, nice.

good job using **** games with niche market, and dancing around the must obvious correlation, that also happens to be the most successful one. Any big, current mmo doors not allow class change. You can't go from caster to warrior in Rift, and thats the closest a system had been with class changing I'm the current marke basically allowing way more trees inside class instead.

Aion, Warhammer, nope. Its not just WoW but thats the most accessible example.

**** if you really think games should just hand you anything you want and require no effort or achievement. You want God Mode too?

total? about 40 different skills with about half as many shared used in completely different ways. it would only take me a few minutes to be competent but as bioware themselves have stated "some players are well... idiots" this whole AC respec thing is more cattering to those "idiots" then anyone else. i knew what class i wanted to play, how it played and that was that. its the people who dont have a clue and probably will never get one that need to have their hands held by adding such a rediculous mechanic.

Those players will be idiots whether or not they are allowed to change AC, so the net effect there is zero.