Why were the 50s rewarded for killing lowbies?

Lyability

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QQ, PvP happened.

In WZs you scale to mach a lvl 50. In open world 50's don't get rewarded for ganking lowbies, they do it cuase they can. I had a lvl 40 jump me on illum (he was chest camping) I go no rewards other then a laugh.

If WZ PvP is your issue, they are going to add a lvl 50 braket. If OPvP is your issue, reroll PvE server.

You don't scale anywhere near the stats of a level 50, sorry. I've yet to see a L20 or L30 tank class in a warzone with 23k HP, but I've seen L50 sorcs with 23k. Lolwut? How is that fair? Throw in expertise, more skills, further skill tree development, the use of L50 consumables vs L20 consumables, and the gap has widened so much, a single L50 can take out multiple lower levels with relative ease.

Even L49's are nothing compared to a geared out L50. A L49 can max out at 175 expertise, if they buy the 46 lightsaber over and over again, and stick it to their regular gear, as compared to over 450 for a 50. They also suffer from about 50-100 less base attack on their weapons, compared to a 50.

Nothing about having L50's against lower levels has ever been fair, but it made sense to queue them together for the first month. Now the 1st month is almost up, they need a L50 bracket.

Edited by Selixx

1 - Because they worked to get to level 50 and you didnt?

2 - Because this game scales your damage/health if you are low level so you actually stand a chance. If you had good gear you could survive.

3 - Because there aren't enough 50's yet.

50's were popping up on Dec 15.

You don't scale anywhere near the stats of a level 50, sorry. I've yet to see a L20 or L30 tank class in a warzone with 23k HP, but I've seen L50 sorcs with 23k. Lolwut? How is that fair? Throw in expertise, more skills, further skill tree development, the use of L50 consumables vs L20 consumables, and the gap has widened so much, a single L50 can take out multiple lower levels with relative ease.

Even L49's are nothing compared to a geared out L50. A L49 can max out at 175 expertise, if they buy the 46 lightsaber over and over again, and stick it to their regular gear, as compared to over 450 for a 50. They also suffer from about 50-100 less base attack on their weapons, compared to a 50.

Nothing about having L50's against lower levels has ever been fair, but it made sense to queue them together for the first month. Now the 1st month is almost up, they need a L50 bracket.

Ya except new 50s are screwed then - an easy fix to this problem would be to allow the champ bags to be opened at lvl 40 or so that way I could at least have my T1 PvP set when I hit 50 - as it is I have 1000 merc and warzone coms - my first champ bag ready to go - and every other thing I could possibly buy for my class

But because of the way they did PvP to start you are SOL when you start to PvP at 50 - those that got to 50 early were able to farm - now you have to try and catch up at a much slower rate because you only face 50s - if you were able to open champ bags at 40 it would work though because you couldnt use the gear but you could start building your set and collecting coms

Edited by Torn

Ya except new 50s are screwed then - an easy fix to this problem would be to allow the champ bags to be opened at lvl 40 or so that way I could at least have my T1 PvP set when I hit 50 - as it is I have 1000 merc and warzone coms - my first champ bag ready to go - and every other thing I could possibly buy for my class

But because of the way they did PvP to start you are SOL when you start to PvP at 50 - those that got to 50 early were able to farm - now you have to try and catch up at a much slower rate because you only face 50s - if you were able to open champ bags at 40 it would work though because you couldnt use the gear but you could start building your set and collecting coms

I think a good fix would be to give armortech and synthweaving the blue pvp gear that they recently removed from the game. This way two fairly useless crafting professions get a buff and we get some starter level 50 pvp gear.

My point exactly, why are there double standards? The rewards should scale with the task's difficulty.

Its not a double standard. In a WZ, your bolstered to 50, so when you kill a 50, or win a WZ your rewards are the same as a 50's.

In OPvP if you kill a 50, you get rewarded, if a 50 kills a lowbie they get nothing.

Sounds like the rewards scale with difficulty to me.