Can't decide which PVP Spec.

Goriom

So I have used both Arsenal and Pyrotech for a while to try them out. I can see the pros and cons of each. I am at a loss as to which one to choose simply because If I pick pyro, I really miss certain skills from Arsenal and vice versa. I know, I know, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Arsenal gives me jet escape, Afterburners and Pinning fire, which is great for escaping from melee fighters. However Arsenal is very stationary and your movements (or lack of) bothers me a bit.

Pyrotech gives me the freedom of movement with some powerful attacking skills (although I think Arsenal is stronger) However I feel like if a melee even gets close to me I'm screwed.

So where am I going with this? Since I'm so completely at a loss as to which tree to stick with, I was hoping you guys could give me your opinions on each tree. Is there one more suited to world PVP and Warzones etc.

TLDR. Want advice on both Pyrotech and Arsenal and your opinion on each.

Edited by Goriom

Arsenal can do some great damage in pvp but obviously it isn't very mobile. Also if one or two melee jumps on you it's very difficult to keep them off you if you're on equal ground.

I haven't tested Pyro yet since I hit 50 but it doesn't seem that great in PVP mainly because its burst is based on RNG, although many mercs claim it's great

• 2 weeks later...
I roll merc pyro and I love it. The mobility is great. All I did I'n wow for 3 years was pvp and I got to say bh pyro merc feels a lot like a shamen. I rolled arsenal for a few lvls but would get destroyed by Meele I'n pvp. The DMg is great to I am always I'n the top 3. Spec into reducing ur shield cools down. ur survavilty is really good. U can use that shield almost once a min. Also to me pyro is more fun I'n pvp u are running around doting and kiting it's a lot more fun then standing still and spamming 1 button then get destroyed by Meele. Give it a try its fun:D Edited by Automage

I highly recommend Pyrotech for PvP. The main reason being you can attack while moving and still do decent damage. You are also less vulnerable to line of sight issues with your damage over time and thermal detonators. You will have almost the same amount of sustained damage using power shot but will be able to attack and move at the same time.

Also it's worth pointing out that a well timed rail shot and thermal detonator can make someone freak if they hit near the same time.

Arsenal isn't bad, but its clearly better for PvE while Pyrotech is better for PvP.

Just remember it has a higher skill cap on heat management.

Also it's worth pointing out that a well timed rail shot and thermal detonator can make someone freak if they hit near the same time.

That's my favorite part about it. Making Thermal Detonator, Power Shot, and rail shot all go off within the same second for a triple whammy and startle them into running half the time... It's fun. Also, you don't need to worry about getting those stacking buffs arsenal needs to get the most out of your abilities. Only thing with it is that our slow depends on that 16%(talented) proc chance of Combustible Gas Cylinder.

Still beats arsenal in the mobility department since you don't have to stack buffs with casts, and has some nice well-timed burst capabilities. Thermal Detonator is an AoE, too, so it'll get quite a bit of damage at places like the doors in Voidstar.

Edit: You might have to watch your heat a more as pyro until you get the hang of it.

Edited by Kortobowden

Heresy! Heresy! Heresy! Heresy! Heresy! Heresy!

What spec do you play? i can say that i really strike hard with my hybrid build, but i can still survive very well and help my friend to defend or attack objetives(for example, my heals are so good to play as main healer in HM Flaspoint too, you can see it for expample in this videos

or
) i can make150 k heal ans 200k dmg in one warzone round killing 40-50 enemies. I can do this medals easy:

2.5 k heal

5k heal

10 enemies

25 enemies

kill blow

kill solo

1k defender

3 k defender

75k dmg

75 healing.

you will take this medals playing for team, not like others who focus in farm medals like a noob with your hutbal tream lossing 0-5

I know than i can do lot of dmg with others build, i test all spec, but you dont have good survive, if you fight vs a good team, this team will kill as primary target, when they see that you are a arsenal spec. Why? this is easy, you will do a lot of dmg to all the their team and you die so fast.. then... Kill Him!!! he is a easy target...

Now please, can you explain me why i must play other build?

i will be the redheaded stepchild, i like arsenal, but want to try out hyrbred as well.

with rapid shots, hs and rail i have some casts for mobility but not much. When I "plant myself" I open up dps very well.

once the guild has enough dps for raid without me in every day i will try out pyro and hybrid.

What I expect is healing hybrid will give me the survivability to ambush 2 man and 3 man groups in world, and pyro will let me run around more in WZ...

Right now my favorite pvp is huttball, I am a linebacker, hang out behind the line of scrimmage (where the ball spawns) and block/cover anyone in my zone (kill/knock off people waiting for the pass) and tackle when needed (kill/ knock off the ball carrier).

While my medals have gone down my wins have gone up, and I would rather be "in the money" than "hero with an epeen"

now that my mentality has changed (along with play style) My least favorite map is now my favorite, and it matches well with the arsenal spec.