Flame Thrower: Should we use it in pvp?

tconeal

I just now trained my flame thrower up 4 levels because I havn't used it since level 20, but I just noticed, the burnout talent in the pyro tree gives periodic effects +30% damage to targets below 30% hp.

So I was wondering...does Flame thrower count as a periodic effect? If so, I could see it being a great finisher for a pyro specced bh to use on low health targets.

Edited by tconeal

I just now trained my flame thrower up 4 levels because I havn't used it since level 20, but I just noticed, the burnout talent in the pyro tree gives periodic effects +30% damage to targets below 30% hp.

So I was wondering...does Flame thrower count as a periodic effect? If so, I could see it being a great finisher for a pyro specced bh to use on low health targets.

No it doesn't. Periodic effects are dots. Fusion Missile, Incendiary Missile, and the dot from Combustible Gas Cylinder are periodic effects.

PS Flamethrower is still an excellent ability to use, especially if you have high tech power. While the initial heat cost may seem prohibitive, if used when you have between 0-15 heat, the final cost after heat regen is ~10 heat.

Edited by Werdan

Force Lightning is considered a periodic ability for SIs. Conceptually they are the same ability except Flamethrower is a cone instead of a targeted channel. I would assume it works exactly the same and flamethrower is effected, or at least it should be since Force Lightning is boosted by periodic talents in the Madness tree.

Might want to test it.