The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

8/6/27 Pyrotech

AnAcuteAngle

Yes, I know this build does not take TD, but I feel like it would have greater sustained damage and similar survivability at the cost of a little bit of burst (which I know is the center of Pvp).

For my floater points I took Degauss and Energy Activation as they synergize eachother well. Using CGC, obviously, + the Eliminator set, and this could yield some pretty substantial Rail Shots, potentially better than a deep pyro build.

All in all, I believe Pyro builds typically outweigh the 21/2/18 Carolina Parakeet build, though I know there are those who disagree.

Note, I would really like to test some of these builds, and I have/intend to, but my lack of gear would render them innacurate/inneffective.

Thanks.

If it is for PvE then it is likely fine.

If it is for PvP then you're probably not gaining anything significant enough to outweigh the loss of TD. Timing a Rail Shot to connect right when the TD goes off is a lot of burst. Probably the most substantial Burst available in this game. It is extremely significant in pvp.

Fair enough.

But, from what I've heard (people posting the results of their tests on here), ED has the potential or ~400 more damage than TD, if the kinetic damage hits all three enemies. Obviously, that's optimal but not necessarily the case in all situations.

Also, Rail Shot increases by ~100 damage with the +9% Aim.

Fair enough.

But, from what I've heard (people posting the results of their tests on here), ED has the potential or ~400 more damage than TD, if the kinetic damage hits all three enemies. Obviously, that's optimal but not necessarily the case in all situations.

Also, Rail Shot increases by ~100 damage with the +9% Aim.

TD crits are substantial due to Firebug. In terms of single target damage there is absolutely no comparison between this and Explosive Dart. You lose significant burst potential by leaving TD off the table. That's fine if all you want to do is run a rotation for an hour on a high hit point boss, but for short, dirty fights TD is a fantastic ability.

Also most people saying TD doesn't do substantially more damage than ED are doing it based off of false information brought about by TORhead tooltips, which are wrong.

In game TDs do a crap ton more damage than ED, even noncrit and discounting Firebug. ED is a decent "Poor man's TD" but it is by no means a substitute.

Degauss while good in theory does not really work all that well in WZ's. Sure it removes snares but they are instantly re-applied anyways and pyro has no real ability that can create a gap once said snares are removed.

Pyro's one weakness is heat and Gyroscopic Aligments really help to bring that down coupled with the free rail shot proc also reducing heat, the talent just makes more sense.

As for infrared sensors I find that talent to be more fluff then anything, I do fine without it.

My heat usually drains regardless, whenever I'm stunned. With the faster vents and the free RS, I don't think I really have issues with heat (unless I'm sitting back spamming IM, haha). That being said, it also only works when you're being stunned. Degauss typically works well for me and I can choose when to use it as long as it's on CD. Like you said, gap creating is hard, so that really helps me.

I don't use Thermal Sensor Override enough to go for that talent.