Annihilation PVE demo vid (without Quinn)

CaptainBarbosa

I fudge things up and forget to use rupture toward the end of the elite fight, but wanted to demonstrate that you can solo without Quinn as Annihilation spec. I'm a fresh 50 too, so my gear is craptastic for the most part, but you can probably tell that from my damage and HP pool.

The relic used for the elite fight was a level 28 one that gives 70 crit and surge.

I'm a bit more geared than you, but I got rid of all companions to sort of compensate, same mobs, but carnage spec. Didn't expect the Gold star to be around the corner, so that was a sort of impromptu fight, lol

Your vid is good, looks like you have the same sort of priority skills as carnage, but less twitchy

Hey I just switched from Rage to Anni.

I'm only level 35. I didn't have a chance to play after I set my talents, so I'm just asking real quick. Whats a good rotation for Annihilation while questing?

I know the rotation for elites or flashpoint bosses, just wondering what you guys do verse a pack. Do I still use force smash or do I tab around and apply a bleed to them all.

With rage I could take out a pack of 4 mobs with about 3 clicks. (charge, choke and smash) then scream and vic slash the strong if he was left standing.

Also I run with Quinn and I read on here that its best to buy him a modable set early and just upgrade his modes before you leave each planet. Anyone know a good place to buy Mr. Quinn a sweet looking orange set?

No one is saying it is impossible without quinn...
You might not be, but some people are! I've seen plenty of QQ threads about being 'tied' to using Quinn.

@flavadave:

For larger packs this is what I normally do if there is a strong. Target the strong and

Cloak of Pain > Charge > Deadly Saber > Threatening Scream (group CC) > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate > Ravage > Smash (short stun).

If the strong is still up, use obfuscate to lower incoming dmg after the normal mobs wake up, then do what you have to to finish the strong. (Usually deadly throw by then.) Then just clean up the trash! You get a good idea of this method from the first pull in my vid.

Edited by CaptainBarbosa

Hey I just switched from Rage to Anni.

I'm only level 35. I didn't have a chance to play after I set my talents, so I'm just asking real quick. Whats a good rotation for Annihilation while questing?

I know the rotation for elites or flashpoint bosses, just wondering what you guys do verse a pack. Do I still use force smash or do I tab around and apply a bleed to them all.

With rage I could take out a pack of 4 mobs with about 3 clicks. (charge, choke and smash) then scream and vic slash the strong if he was left standing.

Also I run with Quinn and I read on here that its best to buy him a modable set early and just upgrade his modes before you leave each planet. Anyone know a good place to buy Mr. Quinn a sweet looking orange set?

Quinn is an agent, so focus on buying him the orange set gear from planet commendations venders, or, alternateivly, the medium armor you are done with, just buy him cunning and alacrity mods from teh planet commendation venders and hand him your old armor

I think what people and me wanted to say that you pretty much have to use him if you do not want to channel after every fight. I hate the channel heal, it disrupts my combat flow. I'd rather kill a bit slower and not have downtime.

Well, that's pretty much any class, whether you're channelling for your enegry/force power or heat cooldown