Droid one-shots ppl with RNG missile (8man HM EV)

So last night our guild zoned into 8man HM EV. After clearing the trash, we pulled Annihilation Droid. Everything's going fine.

Then one of our DPS sorcs gets targeted for the random missile. Gets hit for 19k. Seeing as how he has 14k health, he dies. Since this game is a buggy mess, we chalk it up to randomness and try again. Same thing happens, for 17k.

At this point we're thinking this is just a buff that was done, and I (the offtank) start to Intercede him while our healing Sorc pre-bubbles him when he gets targeted. He gets hit for 14k, with 1k to spare. However, with 2 tanks in the group we can't beat the Enrage timer, so I sit out.

Then people start getting owned again by the random missile. Our merc healer gets a 14k missile to the grill right before a knockback, resulting in his death. All throughout the night, the missile just kills people. Sometimes it hits for 7-11k and is healable. Most of the time it's a one-shot.

What I want to know is...is this a bug or intended? Is there a mechanic we're missing? Is he supposed to be randomly nuking people this hard? Every guide I read says the missile should be hitting for 5-10k. What are we missing?

I noticed a few world boss's starting to one shot players. Level 30 on Tat just one shot a 50 Bounty. didn't know they hit so hard at lvl 30 ???

Some world bosses such as Tat and Cor have an ability that deals a metric ****ton of damage and then divides it among players equally. The Coruscant boss will one-shot a level 30 character with under 10k health, or he'll bring a team of level 18 characters to half health with the same ability.

He randomly decides he is in one-shot mode.

Not sure what to do about it. Our 16 man normal mode was canceled because in that mode he was 1 shotting people but in both of our 8 mans he was hitting for the normal 7kish damage.

Was this 8man normal? Or HM?

...its not a bug. You get a big giant red circle on your character when the missle is targeting you. Call out your name and have the healers shield them and pop any defensive buffs you have. If you think hard modes missles hit hard wait till nightmare. This is not a bug.

And what are you doing with two tanks in EV. You only need 1.

Edited by Berezo

...its not a bug. You get a big giant red circle on your character when the missle is targeting you. Call out your name and have the healers shield them and pop any defensive buffs you have. If you think hard modes missles hit hard wait till nightmare. This is not a bug.

And what are you doing with two tanks in EV. You only need 1.

Guess you missed the part where I said I sat out for another DPS. If it wasn't clear I was the tank.

Yes, we are fully aware that the player gets the targeting circle on them, and we were shielding people who got it...and people were still dying.

I just don't know how you can mitigate 19k worth of damage on a light armor player with just a sorc bubble, without Intercede. What I don't get is the inconsistency in the damage, sometimes people were taking 5-10k, and then sometimes we had the 19k missile of death.

Edited by Farabee

Guess you missed the part where I said I sat out for another DPS. If it wasn't clear I was the tank.

Yes, we are fully aware that the player gets the targeting circle on them, and we were shielding people who got it...and people were still dying.

I just don't know how you can mitigate 19k worth of damage on a light armor player with just a sorc bubble, without Intercede. What I don't get is the inconsistency in the damage, sometimes people were taking 5-10k, and then sometimes we had the 19k missile of death.

Show me a video and I will tell you what you are doing wrong. It is working as intended.

Finally got a good answer from the Nox Imperius 16man NM kill thread.

Anyone wondering about the random one shot red **** missles

http://www.torhead.com/ability/91opIPj

It works, specced it has 45 second cooldown, it also works for his aoe and makes this fight an absolute joke.

Working as intended I guess. We do have a Marauder so I guess this is what we're trying tonight.

Finally got a good answer from the Nox Imperius 16man NM kill thread.

Working as intended I guess. We do have a Marauder so I guess this is what we're trying tonight.

Hmm 19k? We did 8m hardmode, and sure we had people taking those missiles aswell, but at most they got hit for 10-12k.

We got him down last week using the aforementioned Marauder ability as well as our Sniper's similar ability (45% chance to miss), on top of Intercedes and pre-bubbles. Seemed much easier.

Difficulty was confirmed 8man hardmode.