I rolled a Scoundrel, but now...

Yebisu

Gaurdian 9K lots of consums on http://i44.tinypic.com/dxbdvn.png

assassin/shadow video: Sojou beasting on fools.

You sure you're using THESE abilties?

Edit: a note on Project. Sure the biggest number seen is like 5-6K but remember it hits a second time for ~half that bringing the grand total for damage in a single skill use upwards of 9k. But no you wont see a big yellow 9K pop up

Although that 9k crit from the Guardian is not nearly as bad as the 9k crit from the Operative. I hope you are clever enough to understand why this works out that way.

The buff stacking is not the problem as this is a simple scaling problem with the original coefficients. Even stating it shows the lack of understanding in fundamental maths. Or are you naive enough to think only Operative/Scoundrels use these buffs? The only thing the buffs do is exaggerate an already existing problem.

Let's assume you're right and we remove all buffs/stims from the game. Eventually as the game evolves and gear gets better, this problem will re-emerge. So lets say superbattlemaster gear which gives the same coefficients as the stims is released 9 months from now, we will see this problem again. The problem lies in the base damage (with talents) of operatives and scoundrels being too high.

Minor tweaks are all that's needed because there are so many multipliers in the game.

Am I naive enough to think only Operatives use these buffs? What are you even talking about?

Operative/Scoundrel damage is not too high. There are plenty of examples of other classes doing just as much burst/damage, some with AoE, some from 30m, some combo'd with other abilities that kill someone in a couple GCDs.

Operative/Scoundrel get the most whiners because we faceplant people while doing so. In group play with healers, tanks, and damage classes all fulfilling their roles, Operatives are not nearly as strong. IE when we're not gibbing lowbies and people with no gear in WZs.

Show us a video or ss doing this please. If not I'll assume you're just making crap up, as I've never been hit hard by any of this abilities. In fact I use these same abilities in full champion gear with all the andrenals buffs and they do nowhere near that.

And If you're asking there are a few videos of IO's doing incredible damage .

I love when people run into threads on the offensive. Relax.

Look at my sig. That 9k was an AOE. If there were a few other people in the area, that would have hit for what... 40... 50k? ZOMG NERF OPERATIVES!

Edited by Sevvy

I would, but I got a really bad experiance with sticking to classes which got "tuned down" REALLy badly.

I like to do some world pvp now and than, I get jumped, people jump me, either way it's fun. Won't be fun anymore if I'll finish dead anyway, even tho I will do my best. That concerns me a lot, and takes a lot of the fun factor away.

Well, you can go scoundrel healer or dirty tricks. Nothing OP about them. Only middle DPS tree is OP and not the whole, just a couple of opener skills.

Your statment implies it takes more than a single persons burst targeted at "that one guy" Whats wrong with 2 dps killing a single target faster than either of them would die?

That's precisely the point, though I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not can never tell with all the bold going on.

That's essentially what WoW Arena was. Waiting until all your cooldowns are up so you can push other people out of your 3v1. Here, you probably don't even have to do that because the healers aren't doing instant-spam tops except for maybe healer scoundrels.

So... with the current system being as dumb as it is, it deserves the equal abomination of duel-in-a-box.

It didn't come with a knockdown that supplies full resolve?

Okey, you werent clever enough to figure it out.

First of all you will easily see when the Guardian is Focus specc, when seeing this you know by default that he will have his one burst, which will hit alot. By watching the buff he gets you can easily counter this damage with cooldowns. This means you will have the time to react.

When you get opened on by an Operative you have no time to react at all, and need to sit there and wait til hes done, if he gets a crit like this you will die 100% in the first opener, without being able to do anything. This means that by default, it doesnt matter how good the player in-fact is.

Obviously extremely broken and poor class design. Alot of this damage comes from consumables, but even without consumables, Operative damage is too high in the opener, thats a fact.

I love when people run into threads on the offensive. Relax.

Look at my sig. That 9k was an AOE. If there were a few other people in the area, that would have hit for what... 40... 50k? ZOMG NERF OPERATIVES!

Look at my reply above, explains the issue for you just perfectly.

Spec dirty fighting.

Yeah, I find it pretty funny how people are on about how OP Scrapper (the middle tree) is but in reality the shared tree (the right one) is where the real power is at. I can prevent an entire enemy team from doing anything in Voidstar or Aldaraan with the shared tree.

Gaurdian 9K lots of consums on http://i44.tinypic.com/dxbdvn.png

That's a crazy high hit and yeah, the problem still stands where the base damage of force sweep is too high. This suffers from the same problems are IO's. Minor tweaks to the force sweep damage will reduce this significantly.

assassin/shadow video: Sojou beasting on fools.

You sure you're using THESE abilties?

Edit: a note on Project. Sure the biggest number seen is like 5-6K but remember it hits a second time for ~half that bringing the grand total for damage in a single skill use upwards of 9k. But no you wont see a big yellow 9K pop up

I failed to see a 9k hit by the endgame shadow using battlemaster gear and consumables. What time in the movie did you see this? Highest I saw was a 3.8k crit. Assuming the shadow goes deep enough into balance to get the 2nd hit, and assuming it crits and procs, it still won't break 6k.

Edited by Orangerascal

Pointing the finger at another ability is a straw man fallacy.

A 9k aoe burst should probably not be allowed in game. But this is another topic for another thread and has nothing to do with the original argument. But good job deflecting.

Edited by Orangerascal