Another space fantasy?

Sethi

Do you think it's possible for their to be another space-based fantasy franchise, besides star wars? Like another book or movie based in space with fantasy/magical elements.....or do you think everyone would say it's too similar?

Do you think it's possible for their to be another space-based fantasy franchise, besides star wars? Like another book or movie based in space with fantasy/magical elements.....or do you think everyone would say it's too similar?

(Edit: Sorry completely misread this, I thought you were asking about another space-based fantasy MMO)

One based on the Dune franchise would be the most obvious (and popular) one.

However, having tried to obtain the rights myself when LUG folded I can tell you that the rights were tied up in a complex situation for quite a while, not sure if that is still the case at the moment...

So much potential there too...

(Edit: I heard they might turn KJA's Saga of Seven Suns into a mini-series or possibly film...would be good; I would like to see Peter Hamiltons Commonwealth saga books turned into a film francise, would make for an awesome film!!!)

Edited by Exothermix

Oh does dune have magical elements? I never read them, I thought they were just sci-fi.

I was just wondering cause I'm kind of coming up with an idea right now based on earth in the future with magical elements, but they're a little more scientifically explained....more akin to mutants or something...kinda... haha. And theres different alien races in different solar systems...but it involves earth, and our human race after colonizing the solar system, so it IS different...and no sabers, haha, so I'm just wondering if people would call it out as too much like star wars or not?

Greetings everyone!

While we appreciate that this thread is constructive, we ask that threads in this area revolve around discussion of the Star Wars™ Universe. Since this thread revolves around discussion of other space based MMO's (existing and speculative), we are going to close it.

Thank you for your understanding!