Making a decision

Kayoss

From the beginning of this character, I intended to tank with it. When the time came to input that first talent point, I spazzed like Jim Carey fighting with his pen and placed it over in Deception.

While I was away from the character, I would tell myself I didnt like the way it played and that I was gonna respec tank when I finally got a different companion besides a tank companion. While I was playing the character, however, I would really enjoy the way it played, and Deception has really grown on me. Im an experienced enough tank that I could pick up Darkness fairly easily, Im not worried too much about that.

I tend to prefer force user companions, so I will definitely be using Ashara when I pick her up on the next planet (Im headed to Taris soon). I also know that leveling from act 2 on can be very difficult with a 2 dps setup, so Im wary of trying that out (though it certainly can be done)

So I ask the community - what should I do? Deception has grown on me, even though I dont know as much of it as I would like (I often find myself without Force, having gleefully spammed Maul too many times consecutively) and I feel like I could play it smoother, but I also want to use Ashara and I want to level more efficiently.

Any tips or hints would be useful, thanks much.

Anything can be done, but if you decide to run with that setup I foresee some very frustrating moments coming towards you (I don't want to spoil anything ;))

Downtime will be an issue most likely, it's just annoying to stop after every encounter and reg up while you still have the whole complex/cave to run through. You will be popping medpacks like candy in some situations. You will die a lot and the repair costs will drive you insane ;)

I levelled as Darkness (31/0/10) with Talos as soon as I got him before that I ran with Andronikus after Khem, I tried the other combos but it never worked out as smooth as with Talos.

Edited by Neska

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.