Server Maintenece

Ztekan

Thing is, you may be like me on this one, but I'd think a large group of people would be pretty upset.

A large group of people would be upset no matter what. The only way to NOT upset a large region of people is to seperate the servers so BW can stagger without flooding the currently open servers with people form thsoe that are down as well as patch implimentation..

so if i understand you correctly you want them game to be down while you are at work and up when you are home correct? That would make sense if you have a normal 9-5 job but you have a night job when the vast majority of players are at home and can play the game. The time they have the server down is at late night west coast time, early morning east coast time and during the day for Euro's but before their prime time. Seems they tried to pick a time frame that would have the least negative effect on the majority of their players play time.

Exactly. Every damn MMO bases their times on PST. This **** is annoying. I am EST and work nights as well. I chose that and I love it but this whole "PST downtime" is ********. West coast servers are NEVER as full at any time as east coast servers or Euro servers. Too many good waves crashing the beach? Packed gay Cali bars? Who knows. Seriously though it would be nice for ONCE that a game does not have RANDOM down times that always screw EST and EURO time zones. Go mountain time if you wanna screw everyone. Also, "rescheduled maintenance"? Another reason why the same time zones are always getting boned. Pick a time frame and stick to it. It is ridiculous that there has to be three maintenance days a week. Shove it into one day with a longer downtime maybe?

still have to bring the login server down.

No you don't - just specific servers.

Well, for patches the whole lot goes down usually - it did in SWG. For just general maintenance though it should not be required. SWG had two separate maintenance windows for different time-zoned servers but when it was a patch they all went down and patched at the same time, most likely due to having the same patch server for downloading and installing it.

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

A large group of people would be upset no matter what. The only way to NOT upset a large region of people is to seperate the servers so BW can stagger without flooding the currently open servers with people form thsoe that are down as well as patch implimentation..

I do kind of wonder how many people are annoyed with maintenence though...

Most people don't get back from work before maintenance ends, so I'm guessing it's a pretty small minority who are actually having a real issue with it.

If it doesn't affect you, why are you trolling these threads so much?

Quite a lot of people have weekend/shift work, so they will often be affected by what is mid-day maintenance.

Not to mention, already one extended maint. went on tlll 8pm finnish time, that's hardly offpeak by anyone's count.

I love the fact there was absolutely 0 notice of this "scheduled" maintenance. Informing people at pretty much midnight before the servers go down at 8 am. Once again, it's my day off work and I've lost half a days play. Why am I paying for this?

Every other game in EU has a there downtime during night, and BIOware dont lack the money for night time extra money.

Its simple, change the schedule to night , problem solves, US is on the other side of the world and very far from here,

And if this is a question regarding the technician working night i do not empethsise with them, they have a great jobb and there are a ton of people ready to take there place , so thats not the problem.

so its just a matter of a schedule change.

Yeah I can understand in the USA you have wide spread time zones, but in the EU?

There is UK, FR, GER ... With like ONE HOUR of difference between FR/GER and UK...

Dunno why they have to put the downtime between 9 am to 12 pm ! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edited by Eltohan

Just let the people do their job, they are obviously providing something good

enough for you to be upset over when it's taken away for some amount of hours.

Maintenance is just as stressful for the devs - you're upset that they took away

your game for a couple hours. While a lot of their employees have been at work

for most likely over 16 hours now working on this.

Every other game in EU has a there downtime during night, and BIOware dont lack the money for night time extra money.

Its simple, change the schedule to night , problem solves, US is on the other side of the world and very far from here,

And if this is a question regarding the technician working night i do not empethsise with them, they have a great jobb and there are a ton of people ready to take there place , so thats not the problem.

so its just a matter of a schedule change.

No excuse is acceptable for not having the EU updates at night. Why treat EU players as second class? Get the money spent and support the EU end of the business. Like all the other companies have, managed to do.

however i'd be interested to see the us reactions, if the roles were reversed.

Couldn't play the whole week, finally come home and there's maintenance..........

do it bioware please do it.

Edited by Syleal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.