Question about "End game" (5 chapters?) (Also a cool little rant)

SilverScreemer

So I'm playing my agent, leveling pretty nicely and everything.

I'm level 32 I think, on Alderaan. I'm still in Chapter 1.

I've heard there are 5 Chapters, all equal length, but the last 2 and a half are basically done at 50.

I've been told to expect to ding 50 in chapter 2 or 3, but it's ok because there's plenty more story after that.

Or are there only 2 chapters? 3? Do you play as much of the story at 50 as you did 1-50? I was under the impression that getting to 50 was basically the half-way point of the class stories, but everyone seems to be done with all 8 already and bored, not wanting to redo anything ever again.

So there's that question, but I will continue on a little rant.

I leveled many, many characters in WoW. I pretty much leveled the same quests every time, but still had fun doing them. I would say that the cut off point was about 4 times then it gets a bit old. But if enough time passes, then doing it all again becomes something like nostalgia and stuff. And this game even lets you switch it up. 2 males, 2 females, one good, one evil. That's 4 replays of each class right there. Not that anyone would ever WANT to do that.

People saying "Oh well I already did those quests, game over for me" I guess are the little kids that don't have imaginations. Yes it's an amusement park style MMO, but jeeze, what are you only going to go on Space Mountain once, then say you did it, it's boring? What you've only watched Spaceballs once then never again?

Yeah you're going off to seal the water tubes, or rescue the guys missing daughter again, on a different character. We all know you only get one first playthrough on each faction. But there will always be something new until you've rolled all 8 character stories...

My point is, get of my lawn.

Edited by SilverScreemer

There are only three chapters in game right now, as far as I can tell. Four if you count prologue. Prologue is your start, covers your starting world and capital, about 1 to 18. Chapter 1 covers around 18 to 35, covers Taris for Republic, Balmorra for Empire, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, and Alderran. Chapter 2 covers 35 to 45 and includes Balmorra for Republic, Taris for Empire, Quesh, and Hoth. Chapter 3 is 45 to 50, covering Belsavis, Voss, and I believe Corellia and Ilum. I cannot confirm Corellia and Ilum however, as at the moment I am only 47 and just starting Voss. So unless Corellia and Ilum are their own chapters, which I doubt, they're included in Chapter 3.

That said, I would expect Bioware to add more chapters with patches and expansions, as the worlds are large with a lot of room to just drop in more story areas if needed or reuse old ones or the story areas for other classes.