LFG Tool is NOT Needed

Thamelas

No LFG tool? Wow. You're probably trolling, if not, i feel sorry for you.

You probably forgot the joys of gathering a group while leveling in various mmos. I'm a group leader, i invite people to join my groups, this never changes, regardless of the game. It's a pain no matter what game i'm playing.

The truth is the majority of players don't actively look for a group, but they want to be in one. This is the core problem. There are options to turn LFG on and what not, yet people barely ever use them because they're flawed. You think sitting around in a major city/area gathering people is fun and social? It isn't. I could spend over an hour just trying to gather enough people to do a dungeon in various games. The problem is when it takes that long, someone is bound to leave eventually and you'd have to start over.

To make it even harder to find people you have... *drum roll* LEVELS in a mmo. You need people within a certain level range to even do a dungeon. Now, you probably have a max level carrying you through the content, that is fine by me, i don't really care. But you need to understand that some of us enjoy a challenge and want to do content with people of appropriate level range. Some of us only want to do dungeons but because some mmos fails so hard with the "LFG" it's near impossible to do that unless the game has a massive population spread across all level ranges. Which is unlikely in itself unless the game is fairly new.

We're playing a mmo here. But for some reason we're limited to a server with x amount of people on it. Who cares if the game has 1 million+ players if theres only 20 people where you're at. If you would combine all servers there would no longer be 20 people, there would be probably over 100's maybe even 1000's depending on what game you're playing.

A LFG tool that merges servers is the future of mmo gaming. Period. At least Blizz got that right and i hand it to them.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious what peoples thoughts are on having a lfg tool that you choose to look locally or cross server, all other pieces aside does that work for people if the idea is that the tool is happening?

As a tank I personally would choose local only and I know many other tanks and healers that feel the same way.

if this game wants to survive ... there will be a LFG-Tool, Macros, responsiveCombat ....+++

if bioware wants to please the wannabe hipsters and does not implement these things... it will die

seriously

quote me after couple of months if u want

it took 7 years to get WOW where it is now

well, hipsters dont like it but hey... if you want to make money, you give a sh** about them (as I would)

7 years ago mobile phones without internet access were standard... but today? nope.

get us the good things we begged for so long (yes in wow...), give us ur awesome story line, spoken quests etc... and u will succeed

I'm just curious what peoples thoughts are on having a lfg tool that you choose to look locally or cross server, all other pieces aside does that work for people if the idea is that the tool is happening?

As a tank I personally would choose local only and I know many other tanks and healers that feel the same way.

I would support a cross-server LFG tool under certain circumstances.

Basically, a tool that puts realms in the same LFG pool only when the server population drops below a certain point.

Server population issues are a real downer for night owls like me.