The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Aurebesh Font

Torverd

I just created a new Aurebesh font, because I thought there were several shortcomings in the exsisting fanmade Aurebesh fonts.

This is the first (fanmade) Aurebesh font which covers the full ASCII Code, meaning it will display most english Text correctly without missing characters and uncomprehensible Symbols like a Tie Fighter or the Alliance Starbird for brackets or special characters.

Secondly it is the first (fanmade) Aurebesh font which is in OTF format (compatible with all mayor Operating Systems) and uses ligatures.

This means the double characters(TH SH OO KH NG CH EO AE) will be displayed as they should (oo for example will be displayed as one Orenth instead off two Osk).

The third new feature is that it comes in two Versions:

One Normal and one with mirrored capital Letters like the are uses in a few canon sources( for example in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith)

Images

Normal version

Inverted Capitals

I used normal Latin characters for symbols of which there is no offical Aurebesh Version(%@&^ etc.) , because I thought custom characters for them would only confuse.

I made a few custom ones but I didn#t include them, maybe I will make a Version with them later.

Please post Feedback. What do you like what could be done better. How could this be improved further.

DONWLOAD

Edited by Torverd

• 1 month later...

Good work.

My only problem is, that ligatures are very seldom supported. MS Office supports these only with 2010 version (guess what, I have 2007 :().

So far I was able to display ligatures correctly in Chrome browser (should work in FF too, IE9 did not work). Though you have to modify html source to use this font and to display ligatures.

style="font-family:aurebesh;text-rendering:optimizeLegibility"

• 7 months later...

I would like to start out by saying that it is an amazing font that you’ve created, and that the ligatures are an amazing tool, which works wonders for the entire thing.

This font alone has enabled me to change an entire 61 page text into Aurebesh, and thereby I have learned to read it just as speedily as anything else.

For this I thank you.

However, I do have two small things, which I will urge you to take an extra look at:

First and foremost: The numbers of your font. I have tried to find out where you got them, but I’m drawing a blank. They are certainly different from the ones in this article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

I am curious as to where you found them, and I do by no means proclaim them wrong. I am simply curious as to which signs are canon.

Secondly: When using the Italics, in order to use the inverted capitals, the inverted capitals appear fuzzy. I think this would be relatively easy to fix, as one would simply have to re-render the fuzzy letters into sharper ones, resembling their un-inverted counterparts.

Two simple suggestions :D

Still amazing work!

Thank you :D

• 1 year later...

Thank you very much. I downloaded it. Now I look forward to using it.

EDIT: I used it in a couple of my documents on my computer. It works! Thanks again!

EDIT 2: The numbers look like braille. You should look around for the actual aurebesh numbers instead having us use these. Sorry. Please change them. Thank you.

EDIT 3: The punctuation marks seem to function as they should. Even the dollar sign is a credit sign. Thank you.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
More Info