Am I doing something wrong?

Jroses

I am having a real hard time killing elites by myself I have trouble killing mobs alone I dont know if my gear is off or what. Kira dies very quickly. I just got to Balmorra and cant even get past first quest becuase of elites. Anyone having same problem?

I am having a real hard time killing elites by myself I have trouble killing mobs alone I dont know if my gear is off or what. Kira dies very quickly. I just got to Balmorra and cant even get past first quest becuase of elites. Anyone having same problem?

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that your Lightsaber hilts are outdated. It's a freaking epidemic with Sentinels.

Hilts were a main issue for me as well, once I started putting more efort into keeping my artifice up to my level it helped a lot. I usually have two hilts waiting in my stash for when I level up and can use them (level 43 at the moment) Being up on enhancements helps a lot too, I just outfitted myself with 6 blue battle enhancements and it upped my HPs quite a bit as well as crit and surge. ( if I remember the stats correctly)

Sentinels seem to be very gear dependant, or at least benefit a lot by having gear as close to your level as possible

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that your Lightsaber hilts are outdated. It's a freaking epidemic with Sentinels.
I'll go the long odds and bet 20k on his hilts being just fine. 8293:1, last I heard! I could strike it rich here, boys!

But seriously, if neglected, your hilts will destroy your ability to solo in this game. One should always have blue hilts within three levels of themselves, or equal level greens. Failure to comply will result in a horrendous game experience.

14 commendations at each and every planet and you are golden!

Edited by Fascion

Hilts were a main issue for me as well, once I started putting more efort into keeping my artifice up to my level it helped a lot. I usually have two hilts waiting in my stash for when I level up and can use them (level 43 at the moment) Being up on enhancements helps a lot too, I just outfitted myself with 6 blue battle enhancements and it upped my HPs quite a bit as well as crit and surge. ( if I remember the stats correctly)

Sentinels seem to be very gear dependant, or at least benefit a lot by having gear as close to your level as possible

JK and SW are, by far, the most gear dependent classes. We live and die by our sabers number one, and armor number two. And yeah, Artifice is pretty much a must for a JK as he or she levels. You get to keep your Hilts/Crystals/Enhancements (enhancements are super nice as you can put them on your armor too) updated with minimal effort (you need time and money for the missions and some patience). As far as mods go, one can update those at the local commendation vendor. :D

I think a lot of people don't realize that Hilts actually affect the DPS metric of the lightsaber, they just see it as a simple stat boost and I'm sure that's the pitfall for many, many JKs.