Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Biochem items still useable if dropping biochem?

Zenedin

Don't know if anyone has dropped biochem but I have everything I need from it and I wanted to take up synthweaving for the rakata gear. Anyone know if I can still use the epic stim, medpac and trinket even if I drop biochem?

Yes and no. If you're just making the stuff non-rakata stuff you'll need to stay biochem to use them. However, if you got some Alloys and make the Rakata stuff, they don't have biochem requirements and you can drop biochem after making them.

Rumor has it that 1.1 will make the Rakata stuff need Biochem 400 to use, even tho it's not in the PTS patchnotes. No idea if it's true or not.

Yes and no. If you're just making the stuff non-rakata stuff you'll need to stay biochem to use them. However, if you got some Alloys and make the Rakata stuff, they don't have biochem requirements and you can drop biochem after making them.

Rumor has it that 1.1 will make the Rakata stuff need Biochem 400 to use, even tho it's not in the PTS patchnotes. No idea if it's true or not.

If it is not in this patch, I can't imagine at it not being added at a later date.

Why limit the stuff even dont get it, i choose biochem to be able to support my guild with stims, buffs stuff like that but the only stuff worth crafting is off limits for anyone but me, makes no sense.

That would be like saying you can craft armor but the good stuff you cant trade..?? how would that ever make sense..?

Why limit the stuff even dont get it, i choose biochem to be able to support my guild with stims, buffs stuff like that but the only stuff worth crafting is off limits for anyone but me, makes no sense.

That would be like saying you can craft armor but the good stuff you cant trade..?? how would that ever make sense..?

You can trade everything but re-usables which makes sense.

As an FYI, same deal, as an Armortech I can't sell the good stuff at end game. It's bind on pick up.

That there are any reusable items superior to blue consumables in biochem that are biochem-only is broken, IMO. Not sure what they were thinking there. Reusable items should be a cost-saving convenience, not an edge in PVP. Not sure why they followed the blues better than reusable purples pattern all the way up to 50 and then broke the whole system.

So lets say I make a lv8 reusable stim for a lowie alt who goes cybertech....he cannot use the stim?

If that is the case, BW should add that on the item desc.

Yesterday I sold 5 lv40 reusable willpower stims.... some of the guys who bought them were prolly ripped?

Blue stims are worth crafting until end-game. They have stronger effects than purple.

So lets say I make a lv8 reusable stim for a lowie alt who goes cybertech....he cannot use the stim?

Yesterday I sold 5 lv40 reusable willpower stims.... some of the guys who bought them were prolly ripped?

If im not mistaken, only biochem ppl can use the reusable stims/medpacks.. So unless they have biochem they got ripped lol

I know someone that has put the reuable ones up on the GTM and ppl buy them without reading ALL THE TIME.. Hes made a fortune from it lol..

It's IN the description.

Requirements: Bioechem lvl x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.