Trooper Mortar Volley: please acknowledge

Dashall

I'm really just looking for an acknowledgement that you're aware this skill is not functioning properly. It's very frustrating in PvP and to a lesser extent PvE.

If it has already been mentioned by a dev either specifically or generally please let me know. The "responsiveness" post from Emmanuel here is encouraging but doesnt encapsulate the Mortar Volley problem.

I'm sure any knowledgable dev using it knows it's there, just would like to see something publicly stated (and fixed!) so I can stop harping on it ;)

In a nutshell: The ability has a ~2 second delay before it begins firing and continues to fire after the cast bar is complete. I assume the delay is meant to be closer to 1 second ala Death From Above BH mirror. Our final volley hits after the cast bar is finished. You can move after the cast bar is done. It's just "off".

Here's a video example (not mine, just googled for it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLjqgC_fH8

Edited by Dashall

Odd... the corresponding bounty hunter skill (death from above) hasn't got this problem.

There is a slight delay in flying up, half a second. And usually as soon as the bar ends I can use my other skills.

Moving disrupts the cast.

Yes confirmation that Trooper abilities are busted up would be nice along with the timeline for fix. For example Energy Blast is one skill that will always fire 1/2 - 1 second after pressing the key, even if it is first skill used. It will also register damage full second before animation occurs and other times it will register damage 2 seconds after pressing the key.

This stuff is broken.

And this is why i dont even want to log on my commando, 3 of my friends are waiting for me in a group, because of the bugs, i feel no want to level or pvp at all.

You only get so many chances to cast Mortar Volley and\or full auto in a warzone, if u are using it right. When it bugs out like that i just go right to leave bwarzone and then log off.

I PvP but for those that like to pve, its got to drive you bonkers, so much for maxing dps rotation..... gunnery goes right in the trash so far... Good Job!

Lets just all roll Sorcs : i mean thats what BW intended it seems !!!!!!!

Its like Buying a brand new car with Dents all over it and the dealership saying " well it drives fine so what the problem "

i fully support this thread and post, and the fact that bounty hunters across the board also ackknowledge it the problem makes it even worse. Full auto and mortar volley both are broken and the devs have done nothing to even ackknowledge the problem. THeir customer support already is absolutely horrible, undermanned, and way below subpar. The worst i've seen in a long while, and they are not helping themselves by ignoring this. They seem to only care about supscriptions, so I am going to straight up say that if this problem isn't resolved, you will lose my subscription very soon. Maybe then they'll care when their money is in danger.

I believe this to be part of the overarching "Ability Delay" and "Responsiveness" thing.

As for a timeline for a fix? Soon™.

Yep. It seems this stuff affects the Republic side a lot more too....most complaints are coming from the Republic classes.

More sith-favoritism. DIAF Bioware.

Sorry seems it´s a lag issue for you as it works fine for me and actually I´m going to say it´s OP but that´s nothing new, is it?

So , don´t ask to fix if it´s cpu related. You´re having lag that´s it.

Ofc it has a little delay due to all the problems that have been discussed over the forums but so do all the other skills.

If you really think you should complain, try an agent Orbital strike and then come back to me, k?

Edited by Agenteusa

Sorry seems it´s a lag issue for you as it works fine for me and actually I´m going to say it´s OP but that´s nothing new, is it?

If you really think you should complain, try an agent Orbital strike and then come back to me, k?

It ain't lag. Its been confirmed by BW that there is an ability delay/responsiveness problem.

If you read all my post (which isn´t taht long) you would have noticed I mentioned the responsiveness issue, but that happens with all abilities. It´s not to an extent that you can consider it broken though.

But if you have a **** machine + the unresponsiveness problem it can really become a bigger issue.

Ofc it has a little delay due to all the problems that have been discussed over the forums but so do all the other skills.

Every trooper ive met have this issue. Delay with casting ablilities. more then most. Its not a CPU related issue, its the game. Some class abilities have a higher dely factor then others. And mortar is one.

Here we go again. It´s NOT only THE f****** trooper!!

All classes have responsiveness issues , so stop making it look like the Trooper class has issues!!

But once again I´ll say this if you get a good rig you won´t notice it that much.

Edited by Agenteusa

Here we go again. It´s NOT only THE f****** trooper!!

All classes have responsiveness issues , so stop making it look like the Trooper class has issues!!

But once again I´ll say this if you get a good rig you won´t notice it that much.

Actually, yes, it's a trooper problem that mortar volley's animation is longer than the cast bar. It's NOT a responsiveness issue, it's an animation/skill issue.

The ability delay thing can still interfere with the casting of the mortar volley, but it's not the immediate cause. It's not got anything to do with CPU/GPU lag either, as it happens on my computer, which certainly isn't the p.o.s. you suggest "everyone" has.

Either you've never played a trooper, or you're one of those people who click on your action buttons 2-3 seconds after a global cooldown; or, in other terms, a horribad.

Either way, your attempt at trolling has failed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.