The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Huttball

Cheeseblaster

Harpoon is a great tool in Huttball, they are about to score? Jump down to bottom floor and pull them down, jump to get sight if you need to :D. Plus later on in shield spec you get storm which is helpfull for carrying the ball across provided theres an enemy to jump to. Also, throwing your guard on the ball carrier is very nice Edited by BardaTheHobo

Harpoon is a great tool in Huttball, they are about to score? Jump down to bottom floor and pull them down, jump to get sight if you need to :D. Plus later on in shield spec you get storm which is helpfull for carrying the ball across provided theres an enemy to jump to. Also, throwing your guard on the ball carrier is very nice

Thanks man! I just got harpoon, so i'll have to try that!

You have a lot of AoE at your disposal, especially Mortar Volley and Sticky Grenade at earlier levels. Use them, when they're grouped up around the ball carrier (or somewhere else). As the others mentioned: Harpoon is very useful. Make sure to stand on the edge of the acid pit if you want to pull them towards you, so that you stand outside and they get pulled inside.

It's also a good idea to vary your range towards your opponent. If Stock Strike is on cooldown, try to create a gap, use your ranged skills, and then come back closer again when your melee skills are off cd again. Also guard important targets. Ball carrier, healer, etc.

Harpoon is a life saver. Often I'll respawn right as the enemy ball carrier is running down the ramp towards the goal line. Leap over them into the pit, mid-air spin around, and trigger Harpoon. Pulls them from the goal line down into the pit. It's an amazing feeling, and pisses off the team to no end.

As said above, just be careful of the resolve bar. Harpoon does nothing to someone fully resolved.

Also, even if you aren't spec'd in tanking, switching to your tank ammo and throwing guard on the ball carrier is great. It essentially doubles the life of the ball carrier.