Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Space, The boring frontier

Vialator

Not at launch...

It came out as an expansion one year later, and had major issues at launch.

And that's what I said earlier, I could see them adding it as an expansion that you pay for.

Though later on it was all in the same package as the game began to slide downhill.

That's all true, but not really my point. What i'm saying is that people don't really know what they want. They think they want something, but when it happens it just scares them. Someone mentioned X3 earlier. That is probably the single most well designed game in history, one that i've put 100's and 100's of hours into. Yet most people have never even heard of it, and the people I know who have were so put off by the learning curve they never gave it a chance. Games today are more often than not pointed towards the lowest common denominator, and if you want more than that, you're mostly out of luck because it's the lowest common denominator who spend the most money.

That's all true, but not really my point. What i'm saying is that people don't really know what they want. They think they want something, but when it happens it just scares them. Someone mentioned X3 earlier. That is probably the single most well designed game in history, one that i've put 100's and 100's of hours into. Yet most people have never even heard of it, and the people I know who have were so put off by the learning curve they never gave it a chance. Games today are more often than not pointed towards the lowest common denominator, and if you want more than that, you're mostly out of luck because it's the lowest common denominator who spend the most money.

Yeah i mentioned X3 but thats cause I love those types of games- been in eve online since forever as well- even when they had the steep learning curve.

I would love to see a blend of the two put into a single mmo - a nice space game similar to the likes of freelancer(though a bit more updated for the times) and a ground based mmo like star wars- that would cater to ALL people and would quite possibly be the best mmo to date.

But one can only dream- and no point even trying to suggest it here as from the replies I just get bashed by the fanbois and told to go play wow or eve- typical!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.