Is there an auto-attack ability?

AceParadox

Maybe I have this wrong or haven't figured it out yet since I just began playing 20 minutes ago. But I was out slaying the flesh raiders in my jedi starting quest area, and I noticed that when you right click an enemy, your character seems to do an auto attack each time you right click them - and when you don't click, they just parry.

I'm used to circle strafing while holding the right mouse button (from other MMO's) and auto-auto-attacking while hitting ability keys. Is that the only way to auto-attack? Is to stop and right click them every so often while doing abilities? Or should I just button mash waiting for the short CD to be up for the regular Sabre strike? It seems when I don't use abilities and just stand still and mash right click, my character does interesting "Combo-like" strikes and a cool looking finishing strike. I checked the abilities tab and surprisingly there is no "auto attack" ability :/

Any advice or am I doing something wrong? :p

When you right click an enemy, the ability that's in the first box of hotbar #1 is activated. If you have changed nothing in your setup, that ability will be your "resource free attack".

So if you want to use the ability while strafing around using right mouse button, you can simply just spam '1'