Energy shield bug?

cyberFluke

First new thread, be gentle :p

Dead simple question; has anyone else experienced or know how to reproduce a bug with "energy shield" whereby once cast, no other abilities "complete"? Once under the influence of said bug, abilities "cast" but do not damage or heal or perform their intended action. I can't remember whether they go into cd if applicable, I don't believe so.

Sometimes the bug disappears upon ES expiration, other times it requires death/relog.

Fluke.

I use ES quite often (at least 5 times per warzone) and never had this issue. Do you click abilities with your mouse or via hot key (ie 1-10, or letter keys)? There is a bug that happens from time to time where the UI becomes unresponsive and you have to reset it. This kind of sounds like your problem, but then again if it was, you wouldn't be able to even respawn without resetting the UI. If this has happened multiple times I suggest trying to find out how to reproduce it and submitting a bug ticket with as much information as possible.

To reset the UI use control + U twice.

I've had the UI bug before, but this is different. I can activate say, Tracer missile or unload and it'll cast but at the end of the cast, the power resets, like I've been interrupted. (have to confirm whether I get the red "interrupted" msg in the cast bar, unsure either way now I think about it.)

I'm not a clicker, I use my G13 mapped to numeric keys and movement, no macros. Mouse side buttons and mid click are bound to hotbars. ES is currently in mmb's position, though its happened from others, so that isn't it.

It's a pita because it means death either way, its a defensive power used under fire, unable to remove the threat my BH is dead. :(

Fluke

I have never seen that, so my guess is something else is going on. I have seen weird things with duplicate key binds and I sometimes get stuck in auto run when I never ever enabled it and I can't get rid of it, but that doesn't help you except to share my sympathy.

Im thinking it might be caused by me being quick (overly so) in attempting to activate something immediately after ES, probably unload, buggy mucksack that it is.

Fluke