The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you think my Vanguard build is good for pvp/damage dealing ?

fedexfan

Here's what I'm using as a 46 PvP Vanguard:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZMsZfhMrdhGMs.1

I think the second point in Sweltering heat is a must.

I think Nightvision Scope is more useful than a 30 second reduction ont he cooldown of Recharge Cells.

I'd rather have the extra DPS from Rain of Fire, and the decreased cooldown on Reactive Shield instead of an occasional reduction to the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush and Reserve Powercell.

Also, I'm not planning on putting any points into Tactics beyond Blaster Augs. My last 4 points are going into Brutal Impact and Intimidation. (probably 2/2)

I currently easily break the 2.5k damage hit in pvp with HIB and Assault Plastique with no buffs on. If I'm fully buffed (trinkets, stim, adrenals, warzone buff) I have crit 8k with HIB on non level 50s. That's pretty much an insta-gib since they're already on fire and snared from Ion Pulse. I can only imagine what it's going to be like if I can get some expertise gear before they segregate the 50s :eek:

Pretty much what the_rabbit said. You want that 100% snare, either choice for reduction talent is fine (recharge or stealth detection). Move point from shield into Rain of fire 3/3

In Tactics tree up to Blaster Augs and remaining points into Shield spec to buff your damage abilities.

I've just recently switched to Assault tree from shield spec and still running with a lot of tanking gear so my damage is a lot smaller then The_rabbit's. But I am seeing improvements, 3K HIB hit on level 50 last night, Assault Plastique hist for 2.9K almost every time.

Edited by boomxi