The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cant decide between geat sets, Lvl 50 ST tank

Durtha

Ok im in a dilema I got into an argument with another tnak last night, he's all about stackign as much END as humanly possible, and i like to mix them.

My stats in the 2 sets are as follows

Maxing my def stats 18397 Health, 51.44% DR from armor, 17.08 Def, 47.02 Shield chance, 51.24% absorb

Maxing my END, 19752 Health, 51.85 DR from armor, 14.4% def, 43.74% shield chance, 41.71% absorb.

I personally like my first set much better as i take ALOT less damage and ive never been insta gibbed in any operation so far.

SO which one would be better? and is there anything that I should do that Im not seeing?

Go with the first set. Health stacking is not useful at all. You essentially have limitless health as long as healers are alive and you are not being instantly killed. Making yourself take less damage is far better for raiding than health stacking. Just ask any healer and they'll tell you the same.

I think your first set should be fine.

Basically you stack Endurance until you have enough for the content that you can take the hits that you are taking. So when you do get hit your healers can keep you up and alive.

Eventually there may be a point that the Gear will have so many stats on it that you start getting into diminishing returns [DR], that it may be better to stack Endurance just because it generally will not have any DR that it will just be better point for point.

Just looking at end game raiding for WoW as an example. Of course Star Wars is probably not at that point in the game yet?