General chat?

Qelduronn

So today I was playing on Hutta on a RP server and the general chat was was pretty quite until a player with a 'non-rp' name asked something nicely on general chat about someone wanted to level with him. Suddenly a few other reacted about his name not being RP enough and that it would changed and not allowed anymore in a upcoming patch etc. I found the reaction quite hostile especially because that player got accused for being a troll and to choose another server etc. I must say his name wasn't really RP'ish but it wasn't that bad. These 4, 5 players kept justifying their selfs of being brave RP players and talked about other classes, planets, spoilers etc for the next 30 mins. I found the chat was flooding so I asked them friendly to stop spamming? I mean they could group up with each other and continue their interesting conversation without flooding the general chat? After I asked it they called me a imbecile and get the **** of the general chat, shut up, **** this and **** that.

I just dont get this. There were 70+ players online at that time and only 4 or 5 them were talking the whole time. First they were acting like pro reasonable rp players but at the same time they were flooding the chat with personal experiences about classes, species, planets (spoilers), emotions. I find these players ruin the general chat and I haven't experience this during beta and the first couple days. I don't care if their fanboys/girls or got large epeens or whatever.

So I ignored them but I will not avoid general chat because of these people.

Thank you for reading.

Then you have to say goodbye to the General chat. The generalchat is really a bad trolling place. So if you want to RP do it with a guild or some of your friends because the general isnt really appropriate for such matters.

Yea think so. It appears to be a game breaker for me. I will avoid general chat and only read it when I'm looking for a group.

Thanks for your response.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.