Deception leveling making me run around like a little girl...

LordbishopX

Ugh man level 31 all deception and with no real healer is starting to be a huge pain in the arse. I basically had to kite in dark charge mode ( run around like a little girl) while Andy basically killed the elite jedi master it's getting more and more painful against stronger mobs I seem to take unreal damage. So far finding Khem completely useless and the droid completely geared for healing still retarded since he will stand in aoe or race off and try to box an elite in the face and stop healing me lol. Edited by LordbishopX

You'll get Talos in a few levels, he's a better healer than the droid, and less annoying. I leveled as deception with Khem until I got Xalek, though. HARD MODE IMO ...

OK, wasn't hard. Just had to keep my gear up to date to burst down everything before Khem took a dirtnap.

You'll get Talos in a few levels, he's a better healer than the droid, and less annoying. I leveled as deception with Khem until I got Xalek, though. HARD MODE IMO ...

OK, wasn't hard. Just had to keep my gear up to date to burst down everything before Khem took a dirtnap.

Yeah with Khem its non stop zerg and heal and resummon after each fight just against that elite jedi master Khem was dead before the sucker was at 80% >.>... The droid allows going non stop guess the difference is waiting after fights or taking longer to kill and andy seems great when I need to kite the mob man I can't wait for a range dos/healer..

On fights like that I'd Electrocute pretty early and get some of those Med Unit (whatever they're called) heal stims that heal you and your companion, use that to keep him from falling down. Then Channel the Force and you can Electrocute again. You're 31 so you have Low Slash, I think that works on gold mobs? Correct me if I'm wrong, though. But you do have two stuns at your disposal, a stim, and CtF that you can use in a hard fight.

I geared out my droid and went Tank spec once Khem started to get annoyingly squishy.

Droid gear was super cheap on the market since demand is low apparently. He heals great and stays in range, never gets aggro, albeit never shuts his mouth...er voice generator?.

I am a level over my content due to pvping and I can pretty much roll through any mob packs at all with no down time.

I geared out my droid and went Tank spec once Khem started to get annoyingly squishy.

Droid gear was super cheap on the market since demand is low apparently. He heals great and stays in range, never gets aggro, albeit never shuts his mouth...er voice generator?.

I am a level over my content due to pvping and I can pretty much roll through any mob packs at all with no down time.

The droid kept standing in the AOE trying to punch the elite jedi so he was toast super fast and not much help at all. Best was andi and me kiting and interrupting and running whenever possible. Andi at least from range keeps constant dps on em while he chases me around the room lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

You guys are actually having trouble keeping Khem alive, or having trouble surviving fights in general? I'm level 35 now and half the time I just send all of my companions on crew skill missions while I fight solo and haven't had any problems. When I have a companion the fights are completely trivial, even double elite or single heroic mobs. I literally have no downtime after fights and can chain from group to group.

Are you guys forgetting to buy new gear every few levels for both yourselves and your companions? Are you stacking the correct attributes (ie, willpower, crit, and endurance)? Are you using the correct skill rotation (maul, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, repeat)?

Remember to pop Recklessness, Blackout, and your defense buff (I forget the name) often. And also note that Jolt can be used during the GCD, but if the GCD isn't already running then it will initiate it, so only use it immediately after using another skill.

EDIT: wisdom --> willpower

Edited by DannyInternets

You guys are actually having trouble keeping Khem alive, or having trouble surviving fights in general? I'm level 35 now and half the time I just send all of my companions on crew skill missions while I fight solo and haven't had any problems. When I have a companion the fights are completely trivial, even double elite or single heroic mobs. I literally have no downtime after fights and can chain from group to group.

Are you guys forgetting to buy new gear every few levels for both yourselves and your companions? Are you stacking the correct attributes (ie, wisdom, crit, and endurance)? Are you using the correct skill rotation (maul, discharge, thrash, thrash, shock, repeat)? Remember to pop Recklessness, Blackout, and your defense buff often (I forget the name) often. And also note that Jolt can be used during the GCD, but if the GCD isn't already running then it will initiate it, so only use it immediately after using another skill.

No duh guess I have a different game cause we use willpower not wisdom lol. Always someone with the let me blow my epeen horn come in to try to make em self look good. Not sure of your build but deception certainly isn't doing that from what I seen.

Edited by LordbishopX

Er, yeah, willpower is what I meant.

Anyways, it's not about epeen. Clearly you are doing something very wrong and I'm honestly trying to help you figure out what. If you're too sensitive to take advice or criticism then, well, get off the internet.

Edited by DannyInternets

Er, yeah, willpower is what I meant.

Basically this tread is fail attempt at a QQ I want MAKO damn it my Powertech is so OP with her lol. Now if my power tech could only stealth now that be perfect lol oh wait that's my ops toon lol....

Since u edited after ward I add in ur help was more akin to saying L2p your doing it wrong I am better than u rather than being any help at all...

Edited by LordbishopX

I don't think you are doing it right. Forget Khem, start gearing Andro. When you fight multi mobs that aren't all drods, turn his 2 aoe shots off so you can use Mind Trap (do this in world pvp so you can trap their companion as well easy 2v1).

Double DPS works much better as deception than trying to have Khem tank. Andro downs stuff so much faster. Keep Surging charge up and use all your interrupt (Jolt, overload, low slash, electrocute) abilities to stop charge up abilities.

For elites, make Andro attack first. Only use your interrupt abilities to stop their big attack until Andro is down to about half. Start in on the elite with all you got, if you don't pull agro before Andro is at about 10% use one of your taunts. Use your defensive CD's and you should end up keeping agro and killing it no problem. If they swap back to Andro, use your aoe taunt. You should never need to use Dark Charge as full deception. The key really is to use Jolt all the time along with your other interrupts at the correct time.

Edited by ZtruK

I don't think you are doing it right. Forget Khem, start gearing Andro. When you fight multi mobs that aren't all drods, turn his 2 aoe shots off so you can use Mind Trap (do this in world pvp so you can trap their companion as well easy 2v1).

Double DPS works much better as deception than trying to have Khem tank. Andro downs stuff so much faster. Keep Surging charge up and use all your interrupt (Jolt, overload, low slash, electrocute) abilities to stop charge up abilities.

For elites, make Andro attack first. Only use your interrupt abilities to stop their big attack until Andro is down to about half. Start in on the elite with all you got, if you don't pull agro before Andro is at about 10% use one of your taunts. Use your defensive CD's and you should end up keeping agro and killing it no problem. If they swap back to Andro, use your aoe taunt. You should never need to use Dark Charge as full deception. The key really is to use Jolt all the time along with your other interrupts at the correct time.

I use andi now like I said and I see you basically doing the opposite of what I do with him for the same result I use the I unload first and take hate right away and can withstand the damage in dark charge mode and andi just keeps non stop dpsing. I may try it your way just not sure how long andi would stay up the aoe damage is a pain in arse my way the mob never gets both of us in aoe. I easily down the jedi master running around the room like a school girl that AOE was a ***** and was just a ton of damage with me and my other companion (Khem and droid) taking it but with me kiting and andi only one of us got hit.

I think it maybe time to break out grenades lol starting to think biochem would have been a much better choice than cybertech but at least my ship is baller lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

The droid kept standing in the AOE trying to punch the elite jedi so he was toast super fast and not much help at all. Best was andi and me kiting and interrupting and running whenever possible. Andi at least from range keeps constant dps on em while he chases me around the room lol.

I can see that happening, in those boss fights I can just swap out to andro or whatever and its doable easily with cooldowns. All the basic grinding I have found him fantastic just plowing through mobs with no downtime.

I can see that happening, in those boss fights I can just swap out to andro or whatever and its doable easily with cooldowns. All the basic grinding I have found him fantastic just plowing through mobs with no downtime.

Yeah it's why I geared the silly droid I hated stopping after fights to heal with the droid geared normal mobs go down extremely easy and I do use dark charge for added AOE on mob packs sucks only dc is aoe discharge.

Mate did you play WoW at all ? Think of playing a Sin between Eh SHammy/WArrior (stance Dance)

If you are fighting Gold mobs use Khem, and bounce threat and taunting when the other gets low.

Turn of his AoE if you CC, because his AoE will just break it.

When you get focused just use Dark Charge/ when khem is holding aggro use Surging Charge.

Make sure you have a shield, it's a loss of DPS, but the damage migitation is worth it.

Get Orange gear, in as many slots as possible and use commendations to buy mods to keep your gear up to date.

Make sure you stop all casts, and when you don't kick a cast but stop it with overload, the first thing the enemy does is re-cast, you can stop alot of incoming damage that way. Just interrupt late to more damage uptime.

Buy Med packs, they are cheap and well worth, and if your Biochem then its even better.

If you are about to die, just vanish and reset the fight.

I PvP's alot at low lvl's and with most people being 50, chances are you will get wrecked if focused to try to stay around with someone and a grp ;

If possible try to target healers, you can stop them casting for a while if you use all the abilities properly.

Also low slash is a great and cheap way to get somebody to pop their trinket, and then just electrocute so you more than enough time to get away.

Mate did you play WoW at all ? Think of playing a Sin between Eh SHammy/WArrior (stance Dance)

If you are fighting Gold mobs use Khem, and bounce threat and taunting when the other gets low.

Turn of his AoE if you CC, because his AoE will just break it.

When you get focused just use Dark Charge/ when khem is holding aggro use Surging Charge.

Make sure you have a shield, it's a loss of DPS, but the damage migitation is worth it.

Get Orange gear, in as many slots as possible and use commendations to buy mods to keep your gear up to date.

Make sure you stop all casts, and when you don't kick a cast but stop it with overload, the first thing the enemy does is re-cast, you can stop alot of incoming damage that way. Just interrupt late to more damage uptime.

Buy Med packs, they are cheap and well worth, and if your Biochem then its even better.

If you are about to die, just vanish and reset the fight.

I PvP's alot at low lvl's and with most people being 50, chances are you will get wrecked if focused to try to stay around with someone and a grp ;

If possible try to target healers, you can stop them casting for a while if you use all the abilities properly.

Also low slash is a great and cheap way to get somebody to pop their trinket, and then just electrocute so you more than enough time to get away.

Wow just reminds me how good I had it with the wow custom UI and macros lol but we are talking strictly PVE and yeah the problem with the fights I am talking about is high AOE damage and not enough interrupts to stop all of them and in that case khem takes it up the arse. Andronikos Revel aka andi aka andy just allows an easier fight in my book and does great dps for those fights guess in a perfect world I could interrupt every big damage and aoe but that's not real but running out of fires and letting andi unload works fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.