The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Basic questions for new Vanguards

pauldevries

So i will add to this as i muddle my way forward...Thanks in advance for anyone responding...

1. I see information about an ion cell giving DOT damage after shock stirke. Can you tell me if i have to enable this? I am using the Ion cell which provides a shield and threat but i don't knwo if i have ever seen additional damage after the shock strike. Does it generate automoatically or do you have to use hammer strike or another attack to initiate?

2. How do you get a shield activated? I have that one shield skill that lasts for a few seconds but a lot of skills talks about your shield. Do you need certain armor to get a shield?

So i will add to this as i muddle my way forward...Thanks in advance for anyone responding...

1. I see information about an ion cell giving DOT damage after shock stirke. Can you tell me if i have to enable this? I am using the Ion cell which provides a shield and threat but i don't knwo if i have ever seen additional damage after the shock strike. Does it generate automoatically or do you have to use hammer strike or another attack to initiate?

2. How do you get a shield activated? I have that one shield skill that lasts for a few seconds but a lot of skills talks about your shield. Do you need certain armor to get a shield?

1. Ion cell procs a dot only if you have it in the shield spec line, "Ion Overload" on the second line

2. You have to equip a shield in your offhand, after that it just procs, you dont have to do anything.

1. Ion cell procs a dot only if you have it in the shield spec line, "Ion Overload" on the second line

Thanks - i'll check that

2. You have to equip a shield in your offhand, after that it just procs, you dont have to do anything.

Thanks - i'll check what i have equipped..

Edited by pauldevries