The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which 21/2/18 build is better?

Breckin_Fett

My opinion is that you build for IGC or go full Pyro. You'll miss out on Jet Charge but Pyro has so much of its damage available at range that it is a moot point.

The point of the Parakeet is to give you solid damage output and mobility while providing Guard in PvP. This build is the most efficient way to do that, espescially considering the worthlessness of defensive stats in PvP beyond flat damage reduction, armor, and Expertise.

CGC is hardly "raw damage." Yeah it does damage, but so does Ion. CGC does more damage, but it is hardly a selling point of Pyro.

"Raw damage" is, again, going full Pyro.

I enjoy both full Pyro and Carolina Parakeet quite a bit. My current playstyle and the people I tend to PvP with has more demand of Guard and a PvP tank. Also I might be addicted to Jet Charge, the Guild is planning an intervention.

Heh, I only mean "raw damage" in the sense that a feated Ion does about half the damage of a feated Combustable, give or take. ;)

I just worry that with Ion my burst potential will suffer, but on the same token, I don't really want to give up teh jet pack.

I'm only lvl 12 atm, so it's not like it's a pressing matter at least. :D

Edit: To be fair, my other concern with an Ion build is the wasted points. Integrated Cardio package is just a weak talent, but the other options require Combustible Gas Cylinder, and there's no way to avoid 3 points in Superheated Gas, which is just more buffs for CGC. :(

Edited by Breckin_Fett