The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactics/Assault Hybrid vs. Shield Question

Ossos

Hello all,

I currently have a 38 Vanguard (Shield Spec) and I've been loving it. The spec has turned PvE into a joke (Gold Elites Rarely get me below 90%) and in PvP, I'm pretty darned hard to bring down. I generally have more than a 50/50 shot of winning in a 1 v 2 scenario (it's not me it's the AC/Spec of the best class in this game!).

Anyhow, being that I'm spoiled with my Trooper could I do more with a Hybrid Tactics/Assault spec?

1. Those of you who have tried both (Shield, and Tactics), have you noticed that you take more damage in PvE (as a Tactics/Assault) while soloing or tanking Flashpoints?

2. Do you find that you're able to do more for your team and your own scoreboard as a Tactics/Assault spec?

3. Do you find that you are now Tactics/Assault Hybrid and are regretting it due to poor PvE or PvP performance.

I'm not trying sell myself as Mr. Tough Guy Internets, I just realize that I have a golden ticket in Shield Spec, and I'm simply curious as to the other half (other half of vanguards that is) lives. Thank you all.

Regards,

Edited by Ossos