As a gunner what...

DuceHason

What Stims and stats do you use and stack for the most? Switching over from Jedi Guardian. All the advice I can get is helpful :D So far I'm digging the heck out of Commando, and just looking for ways to max out my performance.

I've read a bit of an indiffernce between taking Steady Hands over Cover Fire howwever, and was wondering if I could get some more insight on that as well.

What Stims and stats do you use and stack for the most? Switching over from Jedi Guardian. All the advice I can get is helpful :D So far I'm digging the heck out of Commando, and just looking for ways to max out my performance.

I've read a bit of an indiffernce between taking Steady Hands over Cover Fire howwever, and was wondering if I could get some more insight on that as well.

For stats - Aim > Accuracy until 110% > Crit > Surge, I believe someone better versed in DPS Commandoing may have a better answer.

Cover Fire some feel is best to just perk at 1/2 since it can proc off of any of the 3 shots in a Full Auto (assuming all go off which brings us to...) Steadied Aim. Full Auto and many other channeled abilities across all classes are a bit wonky. Full Auto seems to be able to be set back easily to 2 shots regardless of Steadied Aim.

I dont think either make a huge difference. I like 2/2 for Cover Fire so you can count on the snare immediately assuming no misses.

There's currently a debate on whether crit or power is better to stack but everyone seems to pretty much agree you want to stack aim > Crit/Power > Surge > Power if you chose to stack crit > Endurance > Anything not Alacrity > an item which instantly kills you and delevels you to level 1 > Alacrity.

Given that you need to advance up the tree anyway I went 3/3 steadied aim and 2/2 cover fire mostly just because. Keep in mind that steadied aim will affect charged bolts, grav round when you get it, and medical probes if you need them so it actually can help a lot (I noticed a lot less outright interrupts due to pushback after I went 3/3 on it, especially from melee enemies but this is totally subjective). I've also quite liked the slow from full auto, again on things like melee strongs and above. The longer that sith takes to get to you the better. Plus its mostly a choice between those or other defensive skills. Definitely make the damage increasing skills a priority before either of these.

Good luck in commando. I'm personally loving every second of it so far. Was everything I thought it would be and more.