Make a few of the def cooldowns, passive.

MBirkhofer

Being that I am currently using 36 keybinds to play my sentinel effectively and I actually have to not use skills just to get it down to that number, I will support anything that helps get rid of this ridiculous skill bloat.

BW needs to take one from Anet and how they handle animation blends between skills. They have a certain cutoff point where you can begin a new skill animation. Having to have animations finish before new ones can start makes for clunky and unresponsive combat.

Now, i do agree a macro system will help to unclutter our skill bars. The problem is, delays will still persist and possibly be worse until the above is somehow implemented.

Bottom line is, i shouldn't be punished because i'm quick on the skills i want to use. The current build does just that.

BW needs to take one from Anet and how they handle animation blends between skills. They have a certain cutoff point where you can begin a new skill animation. Having to have animations finish before new ones can start makes for clunky and unresponsive combat.

Now, i do agree a macro system will help to unclutter our skill bars. The problem is, delays will still persist and possibly be worse until the above is somehow implemented.

Bottom line is, i shouldn't be punished because i'm quick on the skills i want to use. The current build does just that.

Indeed. Like the shuttle cast bar and animation. A perfect example of animation over cast bar because the cast bar isn't tied to using the ability - the animation is. Now It's not a problem making the animation dictate the ability's use as long as the background number crunching is in line with those animations.

I love the animations. I love the detail. I love that I actually block and dodge and flip my saber behind me to block a blaster bolt, but then if I'm going to use Ripost it had better FREAKING go off when I press the button and see the button has been pressed. I'd even be okay with the animation for Ripost not even playing if the sabers are already flying for another attack during that 1.5s GCD.

Every attack has a 'cast time' of 1.5s during which the animation for the attack plays and that animation has to complete within the 1.5s. Ripost can have an animation if you use it while standing, but if it's being used within the GCD just skip the animation but add the damage to the target.

And be clear that I love the attention BioWare has paid to making everything play out - saber impact and blaster bolts feel like they have weight behind them. Just need to make the adjustment within the timing mechanic.

I fail to see how GbtF is not a choice. It lasts 5 seconds. When you choose to use it is crucial.

I choose not to use it all the time when I am at low health depending on the situation. Maybe a Sage just bubbled me and I'm not under heavy attack, maybe I'm fighting a Sniper and I will be able to anticipate the next hit easily. Maybe I want to leap into a group and give them the blood-in-the-water reaction to my low health bar before I pop it to save teammates from being focused.

Rebuke is a choice just the same. As is saber ward. Would you like force kick to auto-proc when Focus > 0; Enemy = Casting? Would that be fun?

Sure, it would be nice if the abilities worked 100% of the time I activate them, but that is a separate issue. I hit the key multiple times and I generally don't die because it doesn't go off. Maybe one time out of twenty it fails me and I curse the ability delay. Not the choice.

I do really like my Sent (though still not sure if I like my shadow more). In PvE all the delay concerning the skill activation and its animation doesn't bother me much. But! As far as it comes to the WZ, this connection, this ties between skill activation and the animation of this skill plays really bad role. For instance, you leap to the enemy, press (lets say) zealous strike, but if the enemy losses you faster then the animation goes out, neither you get your rage points, nor you deal any dmg. Very often it's irritating. Just because our animations are comparatively slow, our output suffers a lot. That's IMHO, though I believe lot's of you, my comarades, will agree with me on this point.

What I suggest:

1)Either BW should make skill activation (both def CD and Dmg skills) work irrespective of the animation, but this will certainly undermine the realism of melee fight.

2)Or the very animation of skills must be accelerated, they must go out faster

Just compare DS of jedi shadow and our zealous strike (just example), DS is very straight forward and it goes out dealing dmg as soon as you press the button, what about our zealous strike? You push, your char starts his/hers 'wild' animation performing insane skill of dual-wielding and then, only then there comes te strike. Well, there is at least 0,5 secs, if not more, before you actually push the button and the damage being inflicted to the target.

This, what i've already written concerns this very problem.