The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard attack rotation @ lvl 23

Spifff

Maybe i'm just being paranoid but i wonder if i'm missing something or if i just need to wait until i get new abilities are higher levels. Shield spec lvl 23 Vanguard using ion cell.

Lets say a mob group consists of a big add and a few small ones.

I open with a grenade on the big one. Hammer shot as it runs in. If a group makes it to me i use the cone aoe (pulse cannon?). Then it's just me and the big guy so i use stock strike when it's up, otherwise ion pulse. and hammershots if ammo gets low. Can't ever use high impact bolt since the mob is never imobilized nor has a dot.

So is that it until i get more abilities?

After attempting it a couple of times I convinced myself that the ion cell proc was not actually a dot and therefore HiB couldn't be used. Guess i'm just plain wrong. Having that one extra ability in there will be nice instead of just spending all my ammo on ion pulse.

A tier 2 shield talent to add guaranteed Ion Cell proc to Stockstrike and another tier 2 shield talent to add a dot to Ion Cell proc.

You can add Ion Pulse if you have enough heat, throw Cryo grenade and use Full auto while the mob is frozen, etc. Pulse Cannon's single target DPS is pretty good as well for its heat cost. Reapply Sticky Grenade when its cd finishes.

I would focus on trying to get most out of your Pulse Cannon. Try to get a good feel how to control mobs to get most out of your AoE. Rush them with out of combat Sprint, if they are already together. Use a corner to force them to come closer, if they are too spread, or attack from max range from a good angle to force other mobs to move to the one you attacked...

It's also important to recognize melee mobs before you attack, and pick a good position to get as many ranged mobs as possible, you can count on melee mobs to run towards you.

Sticky Grenade works best after using Pulse Cannon, if you are taking on multiple mobs.