Aoe/CC/Pulling Aggro in a Group Settting

EwokEviscerator

Hey,

I was doing Heroics the other night. I was constantly pulling the aggro off the main tank. What's worse, I feel like all my power attacks are AoE. Missiles, explosive darts, etc... and while I feel like I can cc pretty (our stuns dont seem affected by AoE?), I am at a loss in a group. I felt like all I could do was Blaster/Unload/Powershot with the occasional Electro Dart/Rail (I'm level 20).

Any advice?

Edited by Paralassa
content

At level 20 none of the classes have all of their skills. Most tanks I've played with seem unable to tank more than 1-3 mobs at a time. Either due to bad AoE aggro or bad tank in general.

If you want to stop pulling aggro wait a bit in a fight before hitting the mobs, let the tanks build up some threat and then start shooting. You just need to manage your threat levels better.

At the start of the fight just go with attacking the mob the tank goes for, save your AoEs until the tank has built up enough head start to not pull aggro.

At level 20 none of the classes have all of their skills. Most tanks I've played with seem unable to tank more than 1-3 mobs at a time. Either due to bad AoE aggro or bad tank in general.

If you want to stop pulling aggro wait a bit in a fight before hitting the mobs, let the tanks build up some threat and then start shooting. You just need to manage your threat levels better.

At the start of the fight just go with attacking the mob the tank goes for, save your AoEs until the tank has built up enough head start to not pull aggro.

agreed, tanks a lower levels struggle, stay single target for safety, or aoe and kite if your healer is up to snuff, always kite mobs near the tank though, so if he is competent he will see it and grab it off you if he can.

leveling is so fast that rarely are people in fresh gear at their level, take that into account too.