Help on AoE build

recsa

Hi,

After playing for a while with my sorc healer, i wanted to taste another flavor, one of my favorite roles is the AoE PvE, also i like the thin morale in BH role, so i went for a merc.

I would like to hear your opinion on what would be the best build for AoEing packs of mobs in PvE without losing the ability of taking down elites on 1v1 for story advancement.

Thx

Mercs aren't AoE per se, we can do tons of AoE dmg in arena PvP, but our strongest AoE has a cooldown (Death From Above), then e have another AoE that does less damage (the name escapes me) and several abilities that dmg the target plus the other mobs if they're close to the target, like Fusion Missile and Explosive Dart.

Most of our AoEs are on a cooldown and build up a lot of heat too, so I would say if you like to AoE trash mobs, sorcerer is a much better choice with Storm etc (plus sorcerers never seem to run out of Force, with little management).

My g/f plays a sorcerer and I can see on her screen her sustained AoE capabilities are better than mine, so like I said if you like AoE grinding etc, stick to the sorceer imo.

On normal mobs I usually open with Death from above and finish off with Rapid shots if one would happend to survive. When it's on CD i start with Fusion Missile and then 1 or 2 sweeping blasters. Usually gets heat pretty high, but normal mobs are already dead.

Maybe other classes have better AoE, but for just breezing through normal mobs I think we've got enough.

Mercs aren't AoE per se, we can do tons of AoE dmg in arena PvP, but our strongest AoE has a cooldown (Death From Above), then e have another AoE that does less damage (the name escapes me) and several abilities that dmg the target plus the other mobs if they're close to the target, like Fusion Missile and Explosive Dart.

Most of our AoEs are on a cooldown and build up a lot of heat too, so I would say if you like to AoE trash mobs, sorcerer is a much better choice with Storm etc (plus sorcerers never seem to run out of Force, with little management).

My g/f plays a sorcerer and I can see on her screen her sustained AoE capabilities are better than mine, so like I said if you like AoE grinding etc, stick to the sorceer imo.

imho swtor has no "per se AoE" class, before switching to healer i was hybrid madness-lightning sorc, and i must say its AoE capabilities are really nice, 3 medium-high dmg skills, 2 of them instant and one channeled. Every class has its pros and its cons, BW made a good job at balancing classes (at the cost of thm being pretty similar).

The sorc has more high dmg AoEs, the BH has a higher dmg AoE (DfA), but when theres a strong mob in the pack, the sorc's aoe cant hold it in place and so it reaches you (as the BH one) but while BH's armor can stand and you can keep shooting, sorc has to cc, the bubble is not enough, as said, every class has its pros and cons.

I just wanted some insight on what buil would you go thinking on maximizing AoE play style.

imho swtor has no "per se AoE" class, before switching to healer i was hybrid madness-lightning sorc, and i must say its AoE capabilities are really nice, 3 medium-high dmg skills, 2 of them instant and one channeled. Every class has its pros and its cons, BW made a good job at balancing classes (at the cost of thm being pretty similar).

The sorc has more high dmg AoEs, the BH has a higher dmg AoE (DfA), but when theres a strong mob in the pack, the sorc's aoe cant hold it in place and so it reaches you (as the BH one) but while BH's armor can stand and you can keep shooting, sorc has to cc, the bubble is not enough, as said, every class has its pros and cons.

I just wanted some insight on what buil would you go thinking on maximizing AoE play style.

1) death from above

2) sweeping blasters

3) explosive dart

4) fusion missle

these are your bread and butter aoe, sweeping blasters is the only one on a quick cooldown, solo i often have to wait 30sec or so fore a timer when i am coming from a fight to a fight.

if you want to be an aoe god (godess?) get another BH friend and switch off who is tossing the DFA and you will grind through stuff quick. My personaly favorite is 4 bh (2 tank, 1 dps, 1 heal) all dropping DFA on a champ and 2 golds and the golds are "cleanup" for me after that because they are down to 20% health. 4 DFA is sexeh