Seven years from now how good will the graphics be?

Chiricahua

It might be Bioware, or some other company that has the Star Wars franchise in an MMO. Will the graphics be almost as good as a feature film at your local theater? I usually purchase a new PC about every 18 months, and give my old one to my wife. With this PC I might stretch that buying habit to 24, or 30 months. But, we can only imagine how great the graphics will be. In fact, I would say that gaming companies will be hard pressed into artistically rendering graphics that will do the engine justice.

Do yourself a really big favor and just buy the premium parts and put one together for yourself. That way you'll be set for 4 years or so.

Upgrades and improvements in memory bandwidth have been made, but they're still negligiable.

GPU speeds and Bus speeds have also improved. PCIe 3.0 will give a nice boost.

They new sandybridge gimmick from intel is only about a 10%-15% increase in speed overall and my X58 i7 980X @ 4.5 GHz would smoke anything sandy bridge can throw at me. So don't waste your money on a POS OEM machine from Bestbuy or radio shack.

Visit motherboard websites, memory websites, intel websites (AMD if you must) and get some tips. It's really easy and it's worth it.

Top brand names:

• Intel (Obviously. You pay a premium for the name but the chips cannot be beat. AMD is terrible.)
  • Nvidia - Best graphics chip on the market. (Again AMD/ATI are terrible and cheap. You get what you pay for.)
  • Kingston, Crucial - Good RAM (GSKill if you're into performance and overclocking)
  • Asus - Best motherboard manufacturer on the planet. They're rock solid.

That should get you started.

Edited by VoXPCS

I see what you done there :)

I really wish Google would just hurry up and buy AMD so they can put their chips in some off the wall gadget and keep them out of PCs.

Alarm clocks, blenders, microwaves, you now something useful that doesn't require an ounce of dependability or power. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.