Comparing companion quest reward equipment

aliasalpha

At the moment when you get a quest reward where you get a selection of companion specific equipment (say corso riggs' pants of blueness +1, bowdaars pants of brownness +1 etc), the mouseover comparison popup only compares against your gear and your present companion's gear. The side effect of this is when you have such a quest reward when you have 6 companions, you have to individually summon each of them to compare the gear one by one. This seems rather inefficient to me and is downright impossible if you get such a quest reward on your ship (smugglers get a few like that, not sure how the other classes fare there).

In this situation where the "pants of <colour> +n" are locked to a single companion, wouldn't it be better for the system to do a quick lookup of the gear that companion (wherever he/she/it may be) is currently using and display that in the comparison rather than whatever your current companion is using?

I can't be the only person thinking that summoning my cannon fodder minions in sequence just to check their gear is a trifle clunky, can I? What say you fellow forumites, good idea or bad idea?

I agree, it is becoming really tiresome having to switch through all my companions to see which one to select.

And I would also like to point out that most of the rewards are total crap, far worse than the equipment my companions are currently wearing. If I used equipment from mission rewards, my companions would be useless. Is it really so hard to give us a real peace of equipment corresponding to the level? In most cases I just choose a commendation as a reward.

Edited by Embrosil

I agree, but it also true that usually noone gear up all the companions together, is almost impossible, so I usually focus on one or two for that part of the game. Later if I want to switch I will have to update the gear anyway.

I would like also to be able to equip the gear on my companion without opening the companion gear panel. :)