Don't like the Sage, will I like Shadow? (PvP somewhat PvE)

Ladde

Hi.

When I first started to play I went for Sage right away. I was meant to be a healer in our little group. We got a Vanguard tank, a sentinel dps and now a scoundrel healer.

First I liked the Sage class for its many force abilities, and lightsaber, but later on I found them lacking in appeal and in mechanics. I didn't really feel for the class anymore. Also the look of the Sage looks awful.

So I ended up re-rolling a Gunslinger, it was cool, although they don't look much before they get to higher level - the armor sets for republic is some of the worst I've seen, not all but many of them.

After a while I discovered PvP - Love it. Although Gunslinger is cool in pvp, doing a ton of burst damage or dot I just feel that it doesn't have the mobility and the versatility that I'm after.

I can't really put my finger on it but I feel that something is missing.

And my lust for a lightsaber is high.

Anyway the group is kinda torn now, some have more time to play than other. And I feel more for rolling a Imperial char than re-rolling another Republic, but I'd like to stay with my friends. And since the group is more apart I don't really need to PvE as much.

So what I am asking for is a class that has versatility, good 1v1, can support others in PvP, some for of stealth and does a fair amount of damage.

As I've read the Shadow class seems, if played right, all that. But I am scared that I might end up, just as with the Sage, hating the look and the abilities.

So what do you think, should I re-roll a Shadow or not? How different is it from the Sage class and the Gunslinger?

I should add that I have not reached so high level yet. My Sage got abandoned at level 19. And my current Gunslinger is at 34. I do think I got some grasp of how the characters plays anyway.

Sorry about the long post, hope you can help me.

Cheers.

Edited by Ladde

I love the class. But why the hate on the looks? My Shadow currently looks like a hot nun with a toothache.

Er, yeah. But its utterly ignorable given how much fun I am having playing her.

I think it was mostly the look of the Sage that I frowned upon. I saw some highlevel gear and it looks kinda ridiculous.

I haven't seen much of the Shadown, since bioware hasn't released any good screenshots of in-game armors. Not that I've manage do find.

But I'll have to take your word on that.

Yea, I'm really excited about the class, how it will play out as I think it will.

Cheers.

Regarding looks, I'm not sure how it is endgame, but for pre-50 I usually stick with orange moddable gear that I like the aesthetics of and just upgrade that as I go along.

I agree, some of the consular stuff looks downright horrible. Fortunately I like the hooded look; the consular armor drop in Esseles has satisfied me well till now (lvl 41).

It is all that if played well.

However, it is a melee char. and takes a good amount of skill for high lvl PvP.

Lookwise, I rolled it as a female toon and find the look pretty fitting. If I'd made it a male toon I think I'd be dissapointed.

Everything you said sounds like you should roll Shadow.

What are the appearances you're looking for? :csw_trooper:

I stuck with some customizable brown hooded robes from Esseles, and every planet I go to, I always take commendations as quest rewards, buy orange gear from them, and just transfer the mods over to the robes (oh, and turning off your head slot item under social preferences will pull up the hood from the robes). Even if you find a green that's better, use it for a while until you have the mods to upgrade your robes again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.