Valor Brackets

PandaSuperBear

I think Valor brackets would make more sense rather than level brackets. You don't need 50's to win, you just need experience players. And their valor will always be correlated to their levels anyways. For example, a team of experience lvl 20's and lvl 30's can hold a point in Voidstar or Civil War while inexperience lvl 40's will mob one enemy without keeping an eye on the turrets/doors.

No. I think level 50 is enough of a barrier to playing with friends. Perhaps make it an OPTION for the hardcores out there, but if I wanna pvp with my 50 friend and I happen to be valor 50 and they play limited and are only valor 20, that shouldn't be banned.

I'm fine with the 50 bracket, even though it'll stop me from pvping with 2 friends that likely won't hit 50 for a looong time. That said, when they finally DO hit 50, I want to be able to queue together without having to level an alt just to play with them.

Edited by Virox

I think Valor brackets would make more sense rather than level brackets. You don't need 50's to win, you just need experience players.

Well I am generally sympathetic to your point, there are 2 problems with your suggestion:

1. The reason 50's need to be split off is because of Expertise gear. The bolstering system generally works decently enough up to lvl 49...but all the bolstering doesn't really help account for the massive difference in damage done/taken when people are walking around with a lot of Expertise. THAT's why the bracketing is based on level and not on valor. If there was Expertise on all the PvP gear starting with the lvl 20 stuff, and the amount of that expertise bolstered up...then it wouldn't be a huge issue. But as long as there is Expertise on lvl 50 stuff and not on any of the lower stuff, there is no way the bolstering mechanic can make things even close to balanced.

2. I hate to say it, but in general there is no guarantee that higher valor indicates someone is a better PvPer. You can go into any WZ and run around like a chicken with your head cut off, just randomly attacking any enemy you see without even the smallest semblance of strategy, and you will still emerge from that WZ at the end with at least 90% of the valor that someone else on your side who really knows what they are doing is going to emerge with. All valor really represents is...how much time have you put into pvp? That's about it. It's not *useless*....but I'm not sure how good marker it is for figuring out whether someone really knows what they are doing or not.

Edited by MithrilSoul