Speccing For Healing.

KilSwitch

When picking items to equip which skill have you been trying to stack most of?

Aim is obviously the primary skill for the trooper but what about surge rating or critical rating? How does power effect healing? Does alacrity rating help with healing?

Press 'C', change the second dropdown from defense to Tech, then mouseover each ability like bonus healing, they give you a breakdown of what each stat is contributing.

Generally Aim > Alacrity > Power > Crit > Surge

Power is very good and often overlooked, aim is obviously a better choice than endurance so go for reflex armoring over commando etc. Crit is useful to a lesser degree but it shouldn't be taken in place of a better stat (aim, alacrity or power).

Alacrity is pretty underwhelming for me atm. At level 41 I had quite a bit of Alacrity and it was only reducing channeling time to a very small degree. I.e. just over 0.1 seconds. I can't remember the exact amount I had but I can say my 5 pieces of mod gear all had alacrity enhancements on them.

Also, I read somewhere, I believe in the healing forum. I will try to find it that Crit is the superior stat atm. somewhere around averaging an increase heal of 17 (depending on surge) compared to 4 from aim. Kinda silly.

ATM, from my understanding its: Aim (Only because it is primary stat)> Crit> Surge> Power> Alacrity.

Obviously, no hard numbers are in yet However, and this can be debated.

Alacrity is pretty underwhelming for me atm. At level 41 I had quite a bit of Alacrity and it was only reducing channeling time to a very small degree. I.e. just over 0.1 seconds. I can't remember the exact amount I had but I can say my 5 pieces of mod gear all had alacrity enhancements on them.

Also, I read somewhere, I believe in the healing forum. I will try to find it that Crit is the superior stat atm. somewhere around averaging an increase heal of 17 (depending on surge) compared to 4 from aim. Kinda silly.

ATM, from my understanding its: Aim (Only because it is primary stat)> Crit> Surge> Power> Alacrity.

Obviously, no hard numbers are in yet However, and this can be debated.

I've found the same. Now power obviously increases direct heal amounts, with no diminishing returns, but a healing crit will > that power bonus. Arguable I still prefer Crit, and thus surge next because it increases that crits power. But with no combat log, all debatable of course.