The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why is everyone complaining about PvP'ing against 50's?

iAegis

LOL @ OP

I pay £8.99 a month so don't tell me when I can play warzones. If Bioware had a clue the warzones would be bracketed like in WOW because this system has been tested and proven for over 6 years. There is no excuse for incompetence in this area they just did not do their homework properly...AGAIN.

I think that the biggest problem in not having at least a 45-50 bracket is that lower level toons just don't have enough points to invest in their skill lines so they feel like fodder since they lack the counters or high damage abilites in their skill trees. I know that I haven't spent much more than 20 or so matches since release since I did a bunch in beta, but once you start to get into the upper 30's then you have most of the tools needed to survive a 1 on 1 against a 50. As it is now, I'll tool around and kill 5-6 people before the other team notices me. Then it seems like it's 4 v me every chance they get.I don't mind since now I'm 41 and I can drop 2 of them before I drop. I enjoy knowing that my lowbie arse just locked up 4 50's to fight me and I still took half of them out. I know it has to frost their asses like a 3 foot tall snow cone!!

This.

The bolster is useful, and actually does allow competition. But, the 50's have many more points in their talent trees, as well as the full complement of skills(which, courtesy of the talent trees, are often more effective/on shorter cooldowns etc).

They are not, however, unbeatable. And the key to winning isn't even having groups on Vent(though that is useful). I've even been on the winning side in a WZ where 2 players dinged 11 at the end - TBH, I can't say why that one was won(I'm guessing either the Imp players were laughing at us too much, or were just making bad decisions), but it's not all about levels.

As things stand, guys, queue up, join in, and for the love of all that's holy, SOMEONE TAKE CHARGE, and call for help when you need it. Sure, winning is better than losing, but you won't learn by sitting out, and you won't win unless you play.

Look, guys. I know it's annoying being stomped every once and a while, but c'mon. Wake up. You're level 30. Bolster does help, and you can win games against 50's. idkidkidk all that aside here's my main point:

Why don't you hit 50 before you complain about pvp? Why not actually get to the part where you're supposed to seriously pvp instead of queuing at 30, wasting your time, getting stomped, and level? I haven't had many problems. I'm normally able to compete and very rarely do we get 3 capped, 6 doored, and 6 hutt-downed. I'd say I win half my games. I'm at 33 Valor at lv43 so I think I speak from decent low-level-pvp experience.

I suppose your cries of different brackets are valid, but, at this point chill, level a character. For real, it's not like you're going to be level 33 forever.

Your point is invalid because you're legit lying. Your valor cant surpass your level. If you're level 33, your valor can't be 43. You're a level 50 who wants to kill lowbies cause you're bad. Anyways, it's pointless making a thread like this, the patch 1.1 patch notes are out. The patch is final and will hit in 2 days. You're going to only fight other 50s in 2days. In your face, scrub